Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnmc said:
jimharri said:
Agreed. It's like those that have a downer on the manager. I don't get that either. If you support a club, you get behind it lock, stock and barrel. Board, manager, players, tea lady, programme sellers, even the ticket office. Simple.

Goes without saying - but does that mean you say City were the better team in a game when they clearly weren't?? No it doesn't. Common sense comes in as well.
To me, that is a different situation to slagging off our club in comparison to another club. Each to their own, but I would never badmouth our club to another club's fans.

ManCityX said:
johnmc said:
Totally agree

Some on the board have got there heads up there arses that I will agree on but If you don't like what you read here fuck off and don't bother to look again. Lescott only end up at Evertone because it suited him and Everton, times change get over it, what do you think the Wolves fans had to say when the more powerful club came knocking. Put your toys back in your pram.

And those who ffs totally agree that City are a fucking disgrace should go the same way Blues or not.

This is a joke. City are being blamed for a 'very public pursuit' of Lescott and becoming hated for it when we've done no such thing! Everton went public! Then the papers have gone into a frenzy - that's what they do and Moyes and Kenwright should have fucking realised.

Some of the fans on here are arrogant I agree, but don't suggest that the club is, because it's behaved in the right way whereas Moyes and Kenwright have never stopped talking to the press about it. Kenwright has even gone out of his way to do so.

what if we don't gel?? We are in for a lot of stick if that happens.

But what if we do. We all know we will get slagged off by other fans and the press anyway. I am 34 BTW not that it matters.

To me, that is a different situation to slagging off our club in comparison to another club. Each to their own, but I would never badmouth our club to another club's fans.

Well this is a point and there are a few that do it some more more carefully than others. I dont understand it either myself.

dont give a fcuk if anyone likes us i have had 35 years of city oh yeah your a great when in div 2 but now your all jealous well fuck off

BUt they have had 10 times more success than Everton in the sort of period you seem to be going on about. I couldnt care less you like Everton so much that fine you wont find many people on here or in football in general that think Everton are a bigger club than city based on them finishing higher in the league than us for the last 20 years or whatever.

TBH I am bored or arguing with another city fan about why City are a bigger side than Everton....

jimharri said:

This comparative talk of clubs has always rubbed me the wrong way. It's wrong when we mock other clubs as feeder clubs for City, and it's wrong when others act as those trophies won in our grandparents' childhood affect a club's current standing.

The problem with talk of which club is "bigger" is that it's inevitably backward-looking. There aren't any games that will be played in 1985 or 1976 or 1874, so that historical stuff amounts to no more than silly boasting.

City clearly are going to be closer in stature to the likes of, say, Chelsea, than will Everton going forward, and Lescott is looking at signing a four- or five-year deal, so he's being logical to want a move to City for more than financial reasons. The haters out there going on about players signing for City just for the pay packet are guilty of agenda-driven oversimplification of the highest degree.

It's the higher wages AND what they see as an opportunity to join a club on a dramatic upward trajectory that should be threatening for silverware in the coming years that is attracting these players. Anyone who claims otherwise is being pathetically disingenuous.

This comparative talk of clubs has always rubbed me the wrong way. It's wrong when we mock other clubs as feeder clubs for City, and it's wrong when others act as those trophies won in our grandparents' childhood affect a club's current standing.

The problem with talk of which club is "bigger" is that it's inevitably backward-looking. There aren't any games that will be played in 1985 or 1976 or 1874, so that historical stuff amounts to no more than silly boasting.

City clearly are going to be closer in stature to the likes of, say, Chelsea, than will Everton going forward, and Lescott is looking at signing a four- or five-year deal, so he's being logical to want a move to City for more than financial reasons. The haters out there going on about players signing for City just for the pay packet are guilty of agenda-driven oversimplification of the highest degree.

It's the higher wages AND what they see as an opportunity to join a club on a dramatic upward trajectory that should be threatening for silverware in the coming years that is attracting these players. Anyone who claims otherwise is being pathetically disingenuous.

I completely agree. And for the record I think Villa are a bigger side than Everton as well for the same sort of reasons I have already mentioned (bigger fan base, bigger city, better facilities etc etc etc). Its not just about recent success and certainly not money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.