Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueandy1mac said:
Errr sorry to interrupt, but Joleon Lescott - any news ?

Sorry !

try teletext fella, we are busy comparing size here....ahemm....cough....

Right - I´ve had enough of this - the fact is EFC are trying to play the victim card and get the sympathy vote
Sympathy? For them ? You´re avin a larrf mate - here´s why

8 titles - two won in the 80s, one with a player WE gave you at the back end of his career
3 times in my lifetme you´ve escaped relegation when you frankly deserved the drop, whilst we´ve witnessd countless relegation including to the 3rd tier
You´ve NEVER been relegated
Despite your relative success we´ve consistently averaged higher gates
We haven´t played a domestic cup semi-final for 29, yes 29 years!
We still get bigger gates than you and always will
Whilst Scumbag Rovers were completing a treble we had 60.000 fans cheering us on in a play-of final
During the early 1900s we were relegated having been found guilty of match bribery only on the evidence of hearsay - our players jumped ship to the rags and they won cups and titles which WE should rightly have won
Just when we looked likely to do something in the early 90´s phillandering shitbag Kendall went back to the wife
Basically boys this is a classic case of Karma kicking in big time - instead of the lottery saying "it could be you" , this time it fooking well IS us!
I´ve even heard an Everton fan just say on Talkshite that he couldn´t think of fans who deserved it more - I rest my case milord
Sympathy? I wish EFC the best for the season but FFS there´s no way I´m gonna shed any tears for them - that just happens to be the football food chain as it stands and lets not forget WE didn´t start this ridiculous money-go-round. Perhaps we´ll be the ones to put an end to it - who knows?

I'm not having that. Everton are not a bigger club than City. Like a few other clubs they have had more success than us in recent years, nay, decades. But that is more to do with the complete effin mismanagement that this glorious club had to endure by tinpot owners with limited ambition and a fractured board structure for way too long. i.e. post-Swales.

Look back to when City were in their pomp for a better comparison of the clubs and wait for the re-run about to begin.

I respect what Everton have achieved. They have a very proud history like ourselves. They are one of the bigger clubs in the league and have the third biggest attendance record of all time after City and someone else at Maine Rd.

But lets not pretend that they 'succeeded' despite a lack of money either. Historically they were bank-rolled by the Moores family of Littlewoods Pools fame and even now sit high in the football rich-list:

Rich List Top 20
1 Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Man City) £15billion
2 Lakshmi Mittal and family (QPR) £12.5bn
3 Roman Abramovich (Chelsea) £7bn
4 Joe Lewis (Tottenham) £2.5bn
5 Bernie and Slavica Ecclestone (QPR) £2.4bn
6 Stanley Kroenke (Arsenal) £2.245bn
7 Alisher Usmanov (Arsenal) £1.5bn
8= Lord Grantchester & the Moores Family (Everton) £1.2bn
8= Dermot Desmond (Celtic) £1.2bn
10= Lord Ashcroft (Watford) £1.1bn
10= Malcolm Glazer and family (Man Utd) £1.1bn
12 Simon Keswick (Cheltenham) £966m
13 Trevor Hemmings (Preston) £900m
14 Mike Ashley (Newcastle) £800m
15 Randy Lerner (Aston Villa) £750m
16 Tom Hicks (Liverpool) £700m
17 The Walker Family (Blackburn) £660m
18 Mohammed Al Fayed (Fulham) £650m
19 Sir David Murray (Rangers) £600m
20 Steve Morgan (Wolves) £400m

The fact that these people now appear to be as tight as a ducks arse and let Kenwright take the strain may now be Everton's problem!!

Crowds are an indicator of how 'big' a club is. And City have always been amongst the biggest. Let them take the piss about the meaningless game that we didn't want to be in in the old third division but apart from that we have consistently been one of the biggest draws in the country regardless of all the obstacles placed before us. At times the very biggest. Strange for a small club with no history. FPMSL.

dont give a fcuk if anyone likes us i have had 35 years of city oh yeah your a great when in div 2.

Agreed, I have no grudge against Everton FC or their fans in many respects they went through the eighties have ing to suffer the red side winning everyhting in sight, just as we have had to suffer with the rags over the last two decades. Personally I don't give a stuff "how big" Everton are or City for that matter, we have contravened no rules in the way we have done our business the fact that we want the top players from our competitors is great for us and not so great for the club we are buying from, but Everton can always say no.

blueandy1mac said:
Errr sorry to interrupt, but Joleon Lescott - any news ?

Sorry !

There should have been by now, and there's not been. Personally I think it's over and we have moved on. Whilst it's somewhat unfair on the player, Moyes is within his rights to hold onto him.

kippax23 said:
dont give a fcuk if anyone likes us i have had 35 years of city oh yeah your a great when in div 2 but now your all jealous well fuck off

im bordering on feeling this way to be honest,getting a bit sick of the attacks on manchester city from all sides even some of our own bleedin fans!

oh back on to lescott i really do hope this gets sorted this week,he is a quality player that imho will make the difference for us this season.

johnmc said:
Everton have been in Europe a few times albeit unsucessful, they haven't been out of the top flight whereas we have, they have finished in the top half more than us and have won a few things in the last 30 years where we haven't. Also attendences don't count for much in my book and if you want to go into it then look at %%% of capacity.

Percentage of capacity is just b0llocks. Not a factor at all, and I find it hard to believe anyone thinks it is. Charlton had one of the highest percentages of capacity attendances throughout their time in the Prem. Were they one of the bigegst clubs in the PL at that time? Were Stoke last season when they were selling out every week?

And the only other criterion you mention is looking backwards. Based on success, Blackburn are bigger than Everton, because they won the league a decade more recently than Everton and won a Cup more recently too.

I'm more interested in assessing prospects going forwards. Facilities, support base, capacity to generate revenue and financial backing are what determines that, and we win over Everton quite decisively (and over Blackburn, Stoke or Charlton, for that matter). Your'e arguing over your - very debatable - definition of what makes a big club, when that debate is totally irrelevant.

Lescott needs to get a written tranfer request in, I dont see the point of this phased dragging of feet to try and keep Everton and their fans happy. They will end up hating him anyway.

City will have the 3rd best support in the league this seaon - FACT.

Yes it does matter the size of your fan base and how many turn up at the ground despite what some people might think.

Are Chelsea a bigger side than Arsenal ? They have had more success in recent years. Of course not. Its just a stupid argument.

Like I said I cant be arsed arguing with another city about why we are a bigger club than Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.