Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemoonmatt said:
Ronaldinho>>Kaka>>Eto'o>>Lescott, how come so many of our transfer dealings are such protracted saga's yet some clubs seem to be able to tie up deals in days. Tevez took months aswell but at least we got him I suppose. If we (as I am beginning to suspect) fail with this, we should just go with what we have, I really don't see how Upson, Bassong or Distin are an improvement on what we have and if Neds form cointinues from where he left off last year, with Kolo beside him we shouldnt leak too many goals.

I think Upson is a very good defender, instrumental to West Hams defense, albeit a little old (30?) .

avoidconfusion said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Ronaldinho>>Kaka>>Eto'o>>Lescott, how come so many of our transfer dealings are such protracted saga's yet some clubs seem to be able to tie up deals in days. Tevez took months aswell but at least we got him I suppose. If we (as I am beginning to suspect) fail with this, we should just go with what we have, I really don't see how Upson, Bassong or Distin are an improvement on what we have and if Neds form cointinues from where he left off last year, with Kolo beside him we shouldnt leak too many goals.

I think Upson is a very good defender, instrumental to West Hams defense, albeit a little old (30?) .

Is he better than Ned or Kolo though, I say we walk away, see who's form is good for the start of the season and make enquirie's for them in January (dependant on how our existing options are shaping up)

bluemoonmatt said:

Ahem, Barry, Adebayor, both done very quickly as transfers go. The Tevez one was so protracted because of the 3rd party ownership needing sorting. Lescott is being drawn out because we are trying to find a price acceptable to both us and Everton and are increasing our bid by small amounts. I'm willing to bet that a good deal of transfers last this long but are played out away from the public eye because the selling club don't run to the media like little bitches.

Farmer Blue said:
bluemoonmatt said:

Ahem, Barry, Adebayor, both done very quickly as transfers go. The Tevez one was so protracted because of the 3rd party ownership needing sorting. Lescott is being drawn out because we are trying to find a price acceptable to both us and Everton and are increasing our bid by small amounts. I'm willing to bet that a good deal of transfers last this long but are played out away from the public eye because the selling club don't run to the media like little bitches.

I agree Farmer. Most transfers will last for a few months rather than a few weeks. We need to get to the point where Everton can't dismiss our advances so bid the £22m which they should accept...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S9ecXWCBCc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8LEx8DfMf4[/youtube]

Farmer Blue said:
bluemoonmatt said:

I'm not suggesting that all our transfer dealings get drawn out like this, but 60 to 70% seems a rather high proportion, especially when so many end up failing anyway. These saga's just serve to give the meedja more time to prepare their various "ruining football" / "City lack class" / "What price loyalty" style diatribes against our club like were the only ones who have ever tried to buy a player from a club reluctant to sell.

bluemoonmatt said:
Farmer Blue said:

I'm not suggesting that all our transfer dealings get drawn out like this, but 60 to 70% seems a rather high proportion, especially when so many end up failing anyway. These saga's just serve to give the meedja more time to prepare their various "ruining football" / "City lack class" / "What price loyalty" style diatribes against our club like were the only ones who have ever tried to buy a player from a club reluctant to sell.
We only feel that some of our transfer dealings are long-drawn-out affairs because we follow every twist and turn with great interest. If we chose to track the transfer dealings of other clubs with the same focus and dedication, we'd think they were "sagas" too. Look at Darren Bent to Sunderland for example. And Chelsea have been trying to sign Pirlo since the dawn of civilisation.

Tricky_Trev said:
bluemoonmatt said:
We only feel that some of our transfer dealings are long-drawn-out affairs because we follow every twist and turn with great interest. If we chose to track the transfer dealings of other clubs with the same focus and dedication, we'd think they were "sagas" too. Look at Darren Bent to Sunderland for example. And Chelsea have been trying to sign Pirlo since the dawn of civilisation.

It's because we're mega rich and people are trying to rip us off by rejectin offers in the hopes of being offered even more dosh by way of a transfer fees.

Simples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.