Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
Superhands said:
he's scored 16 goals in 111 games for everton

24 goals in 295 games in his career

take away his first two seasons and its 21 in 202 games

thats as good as ratio as I know of for a centre back - better than some strikers !

who are you describing, George Samaros?

I think it's Bianchi's tally !!!

moyes refusing to talk about lescott after last nights friendly, why? perfect oppurtunity to tell the world on camera "lescott not for sale end of" i think his chairman might have told him that everton will probably have to accept citys next offer! hope thats the case because other wise i think its very babyish of moyes to behave like that, and despite what many posters on here think, i actually have alot of time for moyes, he's done a great job with restricted funds and he's fighting to keep 1 of his best players but he has to remain professional about it.

Thing is he hasnt remained professional about it has he, his little rant to the papers about us having no class and chelsea doing business better than us was very unprofessional

mancboy123 said:
Thing is he hasnt remained professional about it has he, his little rant to the papers about us having no class and chelsea doing business better than us was very unprofessional

I agree that he is a good manager, but he has shown his unprofessional side with recent dealing about us. Again pandering to bacon face a little me thinks !!!

Lomas has a lob on said:
moyes refusing to talk about lescott after last nights friendly, why? perfect oppurtunity to tell the world on camera "lescott not for sale end of" i think his chairman might have told him that everton will probably have to accept citys next offer! hope thats the case because other wise i think its very babyish of moyes to behave like that, and despite what many posters on here think, i actually have alot of time for moyes, he's done a great job with restricted funds and he's fighting to keep 1 of his best players but he has to remain professional about it.

Or maybe he is just fed up with repeating himself?

I am going to be Devil's Advocate here but why are people so convinced Lescott will join us? Moyes said no, Lescott is still under a contract until 2012 I believe?

If Moyes doesn't want to sell and has the backing of the chairman (which he obviously has) then that's it really.
I doubt even a transfer request would change much. At the end of the day if Lescott throws his toys out of his pram, all he is really doing is hurt his chances to play in the World Cup next year.

You can't blame Moyes for being p!ssed off, because he may be in a position where he'll be forced to lose one of his better players, someone whom he'd rather keep, and that's happening because we're continued to pursue the transfer despite his warning us off. Nor can you blame him for trying his best to make the player stay, because Moyes has to act in the best interests of Everton, and if he thinks those interests are best served by keeping the player, then he's right to fight tooth and nail to make sure that happens.

The one thing that was a bit silly was his rant quoted in the press on Sunday. I don't subscribe to the view that City have behaved faultlessly in all this, and the people who say that Everton made our bids public and we've said nothing are being disingenuous. Throughout this transfer saga, there have been press comments, claiming to represent the view within our club, about our wanting to sign Lescott, how much we're willing to pay him, when and how much we'll bid for him and so on. In all likelihood, many of those press statements did originate from within City with a view to improving our chances of landing the player.

I don't expect Moyes to like it, and if, say, Real Madrid were trying on something similar with a player we didn't want to sell, then I'd be quite happy for Hughes to take a public swipe. It's silly, though, to pretend that there's anything that we're doing that's out of the ordinary. Manchester United have done similar over the years with a string of players, from Dwight Yorke to Rooney to Owen Hargreaves. Madrid behave abominably in the transfer market. The team he mentioned specifically, Chelsea, have been guilty of various indiscretions, including the most blatant tapping up offence ever - something to which we haven't yet got near.

I don't follow Everton's transfer's closely enough but it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't done this at some point as well. Maybe I'm wrong in that. What I'm not wrong about, though, is that it's pretty standard practice in football where a club thinks a player they want would fancy a move to them and the player's current club is resisting making the sale. It doesn't reflect particularly admirable values to behave in this way, but it's the reality of what has become very big business. People do what they can to make sure they get what they want.

Now, we could have become champions of a new ethical wave in football, have made a private bid and walked away the first time Everton tell us they wanted Lescott to stay. But that would be like being the kid who comes bottom of the class because he's honest in the exam in which everyone else cheats. We've chosen not to. That's life.

I personally believe any manager who says a player isn't for sale is either lying or is an idiot.

95% of those "not for sale" comments are just designed to get a better price when the player does inevitably move.

I think Moomba is not far off the mark.

I am not sure why clubs are prepared to offer the kind of sums that are on offer to get who they want albeit usually for a fairly short period of time before they move on elsewhere.

In Lescotts case again if he wants to come Everton would be foolish to block the move.

Ronaldinho>>Kaka>>Eto'o>>Lescott, how come so many of our transfer dealings are such protracted saga's yet some clubs seem to be able to tie up deals in days. Tevez took months aswell but at least we got him I suppose. If we (as I am beginning to suspect) fail with this, we should just go with what we have, I really don't see how Upson, Bassong or Distin are an improvement on what we have and if Neds form cointinues from where he left off last year, with Kolo beside him we shouldnt leak too many goals.

So Moyles says Chelsea have more class? Is he saying this because Chelsea have never bid for any of his players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.