Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor wrote .... "why you would keep a player who is so keen to leave, whilst very good money is on the table is beyond me."

That might not be the case, it might be that the player is happy to stay and is probs aiming for an improved contract, if he wanted to leave badly enough the transfer request would have been in weeks ago. Simples.

mr t said:
BringBackSwales said:
if he was DESPERATE to leave then surely he would have found it easy to put in a transfer request?
We're looking increasingly DESPERATE - so much for Mark Hughes saying that he wanted to get his business done quickly at the beginning of this transfer window -but it's not over till the fat lady sings and according to the bbc he wants out of Everton - it's just a matter of time before he asks to leave.
This needs sorting ASAP and I'm puzzled as to why Hughes hasn't thrown in a big 23-25m offer yet. I'm not saying he's worth that much, but if Hughes really wants him (and let's face it, we need him) then an extra 4 or 5m really isn't that much at the end of the day.

I just want this over and done with now. Everton hold all the cards on this one. They have something that we want and they don't want to give it to us, so it's clearly going to take a 'special' offer to get him. It's time to go all in now: 24m down on the table for 24 hours, take it or leave it.

Be honest until the transfer window closes, our optimism or concern will grow depending on every result!

If we win tonight it will be that the defence is okay, or if we lose then sign Lescott at any price. Same for celtic, Blackburn, Wolves, Portsmouth until the window shuts.

We are blues! We act on instinct evolved over generations!

licker said:
Taylor wrote .... "why you would keep a player who is so keen to leave, whilst very good money is on the table is beyond me."

That might not be the case, it might be that the player is happy to stay and is probs aiming for an improved contract, if he wanted to leave badly enough the transfer request would have been in weeks ago. Simples.

The choice:

Improved contract at Everton a club whos maximum is 5th place
Move to City a club whos maximum could be champions league winners before the end of his career.

the more i think about lescott the more im convinced he'll be staying at everton (hope im proved wrong), but without sounding arrogant we have unlimited funds so if we cant get lescott and hughes still really feels he needs a centre half he knows he could get 1 on the last day of the window if need be, granted we'd probably have to pay way over the odds if that were the scenario, but like i said, without sounding arrogant we could finance it! everton however dont have that luxury so my thoughts now are if everton were to be in a selling mood they'd have probably given the green light to this already, probably by refusing our bid but setting us a price and then the 2 clubs could try and reach an agreement on that price, therefore everton would have had the time to recruit the players they feel they needed, signing lescott off everton a day or even hours before the window shuts wouldn't suit everton at all they'd have 20-30mil or whatever it is but a depleated squad that already isn't the biggest and no time to get a replacement in.

some1 needs to say to lescott you got 24 hours to put in a transfer request or we move on to our next target. this as dragged on to long now.

coulsonblue said:
licker said:

The choice:

Improved contract at Everton a club whos maximum is 5th place
Move to City a club whos maximum could be champions league winners before the end of his career.

I see what your saying but there are some players who are quite happy being in the "Comfort zone", at EFC he is a top top player who has played in europe since he came here 3 seasons on the trot, He goes to city and he is just another player who wont play every game due to the (Rotation) and he will be under enormous pressure to perform, as indeed your whole club will be.
Not saying he wont go in the end, i'm just saying if he gets a wage rise and the deal falls through, he wont miss going to city at all.

He might want to play in Europe this year?

You cant be serious ? you think the Europa two bob league is actually a plus point in world cup year ?

We played 18 matches getting to the quarters last season, complete waste of time and effort we only played 2 or 3 semi decent sides in all those games. Had a detremental effect on our squad, first team and performance in the league.

In terms of Europe its Champions League or nothing. If we qualify for it again I would want us to put out our second team personally (which is what Evertona dn villa did last season), concentrate on getting in the champions league and FA cup.

Anyway back on topic, another day, nothing happening again more distraction from getting the first team ready for the start of the season.

This guy is just pissing everyone around hes not done the neccessary I would much rather we left this now and go for Bruno Alves. Same money, better player, on paper anyway. Sporting will do business for £25 million.

alera said:
He might want to play in Europe this year?

You cant be serious ? you think the Europa two bob league is actually a plus point in world cup year ?

We played 18 matches getting to the quarters last season, complete waste of time and effort we only played 2 or 3 semi decent sides in all those games. Had a detremental effect on our squad, first team and performance in the league.

In terms of Europe its Champions League or nothing. If we qualify for it again I would want us to put out our second team personally (which is what Evertona dn villa did last season), concentrate on getting in the champions league and FA cup.

And get knocked out 1st round by some Belgian club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.