Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe MH is thinking that RD/NO/VK can partner KT until January - when KT will go to the African Nations Cup, and we can strengthen in this area at the beginning of January?

Maybe he doesn't want to be held to ransom by Everton - I would have thought that some sort of deal would have been struck with them before the Jo deal happened which makes me wonder if he really is our No1 target - maybe its a smokescreen for someone like Alves or Alex?

Maybe Everton will do business in January if Jagielka is fit and they have signed Senderos in the mean time?

Who knows?

Anyone actually itk out there???????

avoidconfusion said:
Let's look at the facts here ok?

- Everton have rejected 2 bids
- Moyes and Kenwright both repeatedly stated Lescott is not for sale

Standard negotiating tactics

- Lescott has not put in a transfer request

He's not said he's happy at Everton either.

Why do people think we will sign him again?

Too much smoke for there not to be some sort of fire. I'm not sure we'll sign him, if we don't I hope it's because we've walked away.

Everton obviously need funds to strengthen their squad, and while they are squealing like stuck pigs I reckon Moyes and Kenwright are already rubbing their hands together working out how to spend their windfall. I hope we don't give them the opportunity.

licker said:
coulsonblue said:
The choice:

Improved contract at Everton a club whos maximum is 5th place
Move to City a club whos maximum could be champions league winners before the end of his career.

I see what your saying but there are some players who are quite happy being in the "Comfort zone", at EFC he is a top top player who has played in europe since he came here 3 seasons on the trot, He goes to city and he is just another player who wont play every game due to the (Rotation) and he will be under enormous pressure to perform, as indeed your whole club will be.
Not saying he wont go in the end, i'm just saying if he gets a wage rise and the deal falls through, he wont miss going to city at all.

I doubt that. We will not rotate in defence by any stretch of the imagination. Stability and consistency is key to a good-working defence, and Hughes knows this, so rotations in defence: he's not having any of it. I think Lescott will be very disappointed if he loses the chance to play for the blues and be part of the revolution to be honest. I think he is an amitious lad, but also honest and caring for his home over these last few seasons, so at the end of the day, he will feel some nostalgia, but this will soon be forgotten as the guys hit the ground running when the season starts. What do you think coulsonblue?

mr t said:
Taylor said:
Everton have already stated that they expect Lescott to play Friday night, so as far as they are concerned he will not be leaving. This one is becoming a joke now, Lescott may have had words with Moyes but he is no closer to the exit door, why you would keep a player who is so keen to leave, whist very good money is on the table is beyond me.
What you've got to remember is that the Senderos transfer has not gone through yet and that must have a bearing on whether or not we get Lescott - as soon as that's finalised you would expect Jolian to officially say he wants to leave and then we can agree on a final price.

What a cliffhanger.

senderos is going to villa now. everton and arsenal couldn't agree a fee.

Times saying Lescott and Moyes had an altercation on Monday - sounds like Moyes is furious

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/everton/article6739390.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 739390.ece</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballnewshq.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballnewshq.com/</a>

He is just coming across as a time waster messing Everton and us around at the moment. We have wanted him all summer and at no stage has he got off the fence and said he wants to come to city OR stay at Everton. Alonso said he wanted a move - he got a move. If he can do it why cant Lescott?

He has messed Everton around, destabilised their squad and pre season. Left them no time to get a replacement if he goes now.

He has left us with no time to integrate him into our first team and have a settled preseason OR get a decent replacement if the deal does not happen.

Sorry at this stage I don’t really want him TBH, if he is so stupid (or weak) and does not have the courage to stick his neck on the line for such a good move for him, personally, financially and professionally do we really want him ?

Terry and ETO everyone could understand but neither side can be happy about being pissed around by Lescott!

Fuck him, fuck Everton, move on to bigger and better things I say!

senderos is going to villa now. everton and arsenal couldn't agree a fee.

Not a surprise really, they cant afford the fee or his wages. This is part of the problem even if we pay them £25 million, moyes wont see most of the money which is why he is not willing to sell.

Same as really. It seems Lescott met Moyes on Monday and said he wants to go to City, Moyes obviously not happy they had a falling out. The BBC and Talk Sport have said he has asked for a move.

However SSN are reporting that Everton are completely denying he has asked to leave.

Press today say he is going to put in a written transfer request (which is needed if there is to be any chance of the deal happening) But they have been saying the same since Monday evening.

Evertons postion (publically at least) remains the same that he is not for sale at any price £30 million + etc.

City have said that if its not done by Saturday they are going for other targets.

chrisi said:
cba reading 700 pages, could i please have a brief update?

Lescott is still an Everton player, that's all anyone needs to know to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.