Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
alera said:
Times saying Lescott and Moyes had an altercation on Monday - sounds like Moyes is furious

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/everton/article6739390.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 739390.ece</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballnewshq.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballnewshq.com/</a>

He is just coming across as a time waster messing Everton and us around at the moment. We have wanted him all summer and at no stage has he got off the fence and said he wants to come to city OR stay at Everton. Alonso said he wanted a move - he got a move. If he can do it why cant Lescott?

He has messed Everton around, destabilised their squad and pre season. Left them no time to get a replacement if he goes now.

He has left us with no time to integrate him into our first team and have a settled preseason OR get a decent replacement if the deal does not happen.

Sorry at this stage I don’t really want him TBH, if he is so stupid (or weak) and does not have the courage to stick his neck on the line for such a good move for him, personally, financially and professionally do we really want him ?

Terry and ETO everyone could understand but neither side can be happy about being pissed around by Lescott!

Fuck him, fuck Everton, move on to bigger and better things I say!

Exactly mate, this is taking on a saga of John Terry proportions......for Joleon Lescott?! Who has never played for a top 4 side, has no champions league experience and is not first choice for his country. The type of money we have been offering for him already is way over the top. If he hadn't got a decent goal record, no chance we'd be quoted so much. Fair play to Moyes/Kenwright, if I was an Everton fan I'd be proud that they've fought so hard to hang onto a key member of our squad. But Lescott is just messing everyone around, it's been clear for ages now that he wouldn't get Everton or their fans blessing to jump ship and yet he's still keeping everyone guessing. Eto'o was worth waiting for (even if we walked away on that) Terry was worth waiting for (if the result was disappointing), Lescott is not. With the type of money we have for improving our squad I find it hard to believe that Lescott is now the hight of our ambition. Toure, a proven international, has captained Arsenal, a wealth of champions league experience. He is the type of player we needed (and got) he deserves a defensive partner of a similar pedigree and that is not Lescott. Time's ticking on now and the defence need just as much/if not more time to gel than the attack, whoever we bring in needs to be concluded soon. Let's hope it is.

crob said:
mr t said:
What you've got to remember is that the Senderos transfer has not gone through yet and that must have a bearing on whether or not we get Lescott - as soon as that's finalised you would expect Jolian to officially say he wants to leave and then we can agree on a final price.

What a cliffhanger.

senderos is going to villa now. everton and arsenal couldn't agree a fee.

And there's Kenwright discussing the player in the media, yet we've got 'no class' what a joke. Moyes has to be number 1 contender to replace Taggart, he's already perfected being a hypocrite.

If Moyes thinks we have no class, let's show some pure class

Recall Jo, and sell him to someone for a couple of million, but wait until the last day of the transfer deadline so they have no time to fill his shoes. Everton are great at taking one of our players on loan, but state we have no class.

Bollocks to him, and Everton. And let's be honest, if Lescott really wanted to join us, surely he would demand a transfer? What he will earn in wages will more than make up for any loss of his percentage of the transfer fee.

oh just chill. just because everton have made this complicated, you want us to walk away? it is simple. he stays or he goes. he wants to leave, they can't offer him a comparable contract, they decide how far they are willing to go to have him honour his contract. surely it's beyond the point where they'd be better off accepting the large fee and moving on.

and stop throwing names at lescott! he is not a 'coward' or a 'time waster'. behave yourselves. he has said he wants to leave. he seems to be worried that he makes a written request and moyes refuses it, hangs him out to dry in public, damages his world cup hopes. moyes is in a 'beligerent' mood. he is not acting entirely rationally over this, so I can see why Jolean is not willing to leave himself vulnerable.

Bollocks he has not said publically he wants the move so he might as well of said nothing at all.

Without him speaking to the press or putting it in writing it means fuck all, it leaves Everton with the easy option of denying everything in the absence of any proof.

I stand by everything I have said. Alonso could do it moving from a much bigger club and a more critical player so why cant Lescott ?

alera said:
You cant be serious ? you think the Europa two bob league is actually a plus point in world cup year ?

You cant be serious, i would have loved to have been in the "Europa two bob league" this season. Would you have called it that if we were in it and won it?! And i think it is a plus point cause Capello could see him up against different styles of teams, i'm not saying that Lescott wants to stay for this though, i'm just saying you can't dismiss it.

Its the carling cup of Europe. Complete waste of time effort and resources IMO. Look how our league form suffered as a consequence.

Most of the games were against pub side / league 2 standard opposition, does not interest me at all.

I want us to have a proper go at the league and see how far up we can finish and maybe get to a cup semi final or final.

crob said:
mr t said:
What you've got to remember is that the Senderos transfer has not gone through yet and that must have a bearing on whether or not we get Lescott - as soon as that's finalised you would expect Jolian to officially say he wants to leave and then we can agree on a final price.

What a cliffhanger.

senderos is going to villa now. everton and arsenal couldn't agree a fee.
How do you know this? I've not read anything to confirm it.

alera said:
Its the carling cup of Europe. Complete waste of time effort and resources IMO. Look how our league form suffered as a consequence.

Most of the games were against pub side / league 2 standard opposition, does not interest me at all.

I want us to have a proper go at the league and see how far up we can finish and maybe get to a cup semi final or final.
bet you'd have wanted tickets to the final if we'd got there tho? i agree its not the be all and end all and maybe can be seen as a distraction but its another route to a trophy! and why has our owners outlined top 6 for this season, why not just top 8? maybe because they want european football of some kind again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.