Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobmcfc said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
But its ok for you to use a hypothetical Lescott and Toure injury ? You only want to fit the circumstances to your own argument, Poor form Bob I expect better of you ;o)
its not an argument nixon, all i what is a team of reliable defenders, toure going to the ACN is a worry so we have to consider what options we have.

kompany is ok but he has struggled with this foot injury for a long time now

ned is ok but can he stay injury free ?

dunne makes lots of mistakes

TBH ?

i think we need lescott and 1 more defender. even if thats a younger lad like bassong

Argument was the wrong turn of phrase Bob, I should have said scenario, but what I was getting at was you ruled out Ned and Kompany on injuries but your original point was Lescott and Toure having hypothetical injuries ? You cant do that we both have to agree that we look at it as if all players were available. I do however agree we need to strengthen in defence but I dont think we are as thin on the ground as people think. If we get Lescott I would be happy (ideally Id like a creative midfielder as well but I dont see it as season threatening if it doesnt happen)

Think we are forgetting Micah can do a good job at CB, with the right partner he could once again excel, all he needs is an organiser next to him to show the way

IBlue said:
Think we are forgetting Micah can do a good job at CB, with the right partner he could once again excel, all he needs is an organiser next to him to show the way
Anyone else think he is better there than at RB?

Balti said:
IBlue said:
Anyone else think he is better there than at RB?

He would be if he got a bit of disapline (sp)lol in his game but till then no he's not

I would love to give Micah the chance to regain his form.

IF World cup year doesnt spur him on then all is lost I think. He desperatly needs someone to learn from. Dunne is not that man. But....is Lescott?

Not saying I dont want Lescott, but he doesnt strike me as someone to learn from. Maybe that is Kolo's role?

BringBackSwales said:
any idea why VK's foot injury was not sorted at the end of last season rather than half way through this season?

The medical advice was that an operation could be avoided by rest for the problem, as the season had ended and we could provide that we took that route, unfortunately when he returned for the boot camp the injury immediately flared back up and an operation was recommended, we tried to do right by the advice and unfortunately it was one of those situations that backfired, it happens. Surgery is often a last resort and other avenues are often explored first especially with it being out of season. Not a lot anyone could do about it really but its a shame for us and Vinny as he starts behind with no preseason.

(and half way through this season is a bit of a ridiculous statement)

BringBackSwales said:
can people give Bridge a break, the season hasnt even started yet and there are people all over this forum slagging the guy off - for christs sake lay off a bit

i'm not slagging him off just saying that he needs to improve on last season as i am sure most would agree.

We are in a Lescott thread aren't we? Have these been posted?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/5981944/Manchester-City-to-unveil-Joleon-Lescott-today.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... today.html</a>

Well, it's from The Sun...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2573491/Joleon-Lescott-set-to-sign-for-Man-City.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -City.html</a>

kippaxblue76 said:
BringBackSwales said:
can people give Bridge a break, the season hasnt even started yet and there are people all over this forum slagging the guy off - for christs sake lay off a bit

i'm not slagging him off just saying that he needs to improve on last season as i am sure most would agree.

^^ I would agree, he does get caught out defensivly and can improve on that but in fairness he gets no help down that side and hopefully in a settled back 4 he will prosper.

CITYROBBO said:
kippaxblue76 said:

^^ I would agree, he does get caught out defensivly and can improve on that but in fairness he gets no help down that side and hopefully in a settled back 4 he will prosper.

He was our best player by a country mile in South Africa... with Barry in the team he is MUCH more comfortable.

On another note Petrov has found his shooting boots recently hasn't he!

Have we heard anything more from the ITKs re lescott? The telegraph reckons he could be unveiled today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.