Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
kippaxblue76 said:
Blueglen30 said:
we could get Hangeland for half the money Lescott still aint put in a transfer request we need to get the defence sorted quick if we have to rely on Dunne and TBH we really are in the shit

I think he is going for lescott because he is good cover for left back, if bridge does not improve on last season i can see our back four being; Richards/Zabaleta, Toure, Neddy, Lescott.

Lescott will only play left back as cover, he would not join to play there and IMO would probably look for assurances he was being bought primarily for the CB role.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
bobmcfc said:
kompany is injured and neds fitness isn't always a dead cert

But its ok for you to use a hypothetical Lescott and Toure injury ? You only want to fit the circumstances to your own argument, Poor form Bob I expect better of you ;o)
its not an argument nixon, all i what is a team of reliable defenders, toure going to the ACN is a worry so we have to consider what options we have.

kompany is ok but he has struggled with this foot injury for a long time now

ned is ok but can he stay injury free ?

dunne makes lots of mistakes

TBH ?

i think we need lescott and 1 more defender. even if thats a younger lad like bassong

can people give Bridge a break, the season hasnt even started yet and there are people all over this forum slagging the guy off - for christs sake lay off a bit

bobmcfc said:
But its ok for you to use a hypothetical Lescott and Toure injury ? You only want to fit the circumstances to your own argument, Poor form Bob I expect better of you ;o)
its not an argument nixon, all i what is a team of reliable defenders, toure going to the ACN is a worry so we have to consider what options we have.

TBH ?

i think we need lescott and 1 more defender. even if thats a younger lad like bassong

Bassong is having a medical with Spurs.

Blueglen30 said:
thats fair comment kippax blue but we really need a centre half and if push really came to shove barry could drop in there

Barry is a phenomenal left back, unfortunately as Ive just stated about Lescott, he would only do it as cover. I would have seriously considered paying Barry more than he is on now if we could have signed him with the agreement he came to us as a left back.

bobmcfc said:

TBH ?

any idea why VK's foot injury was not sorted at the end of last season rather than half way through this season?

twinkletoes said:
bobmcfc said:

TBH ?

Bassong is having a medical with Spurs.

silvestre was having a medical at ours until wenger called him (thank fuck)

Blueglen30 said:
The club have said only 1 more signing which would be the 6 mentioned at the start of the window (not including Taylor he was unforseen) which is clearly going to be a defender imo it should be and needs to be 2 so we will never need to rely on TBH and Dunne

The club have never said there was a specific limit on the number of players we would sign, there was a loose target but it has always been made clear that if the right players are available to improve the squad we will be interested.

Khaldoon was quoted as saying that we would sign 4 -6 players this summer.

Maybe the Sun have got this Lescott "exclusive" in return for them publishing that Robinho interview... *scratches chin*

[url:1ohkr0ki]http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-papers-say/2009/August/City-big-thinking-suits-Robi[/url] said:
The Sun's ever-vigilant Martin Blackburn, who has cultivated exceptional contacts in Brazil, has wasted no time in reporting Robi's joy to his readers under the beguiling headline "We're as big as Real Madrid and Brazil".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.