Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobwebcat said:
In reality it is up to him he can make life impossible for Everton just as they are doing to him. Obviously he doesn't want to who would but the time has come. Tell the press you want to go and what are Everton going to do? Why would they keep a very unhappy player?

Doesn't look like he wants to do that. If this isn't done tomorrow I expect that to be the end of it.

RobbieBrewer said:
Damocles said:
Wonder where we would be now if we would have kept Van Buyten?

The best CB we've had since Watson...and we couldn't afford the £2.5million at the time.
31 now but I'd give him a two year deal tomorrow.
think he only played 5 times for city and people make him out to be a city legend.

Dobsy87 said:
Cobwebcat said:
In reality it is up to him he can make life impossible for Everton just as they are doing to him. Obviously he doesn't want to who would but the time has come. Tell the press you want to go and what are Everton going to do? Why would they keep a very unhappy player?
<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Doesn't look like he wants to do that. If this isn't done tomorrow I expect that to be the end of it.

The penny finally drops...

Dobsy87 said:
Cobwebcat said:

Doesn't look like he wants to do that. If this isn't done tomorrow I expect that to be the end of it.

I actually agree with this, I cannot see city letting this run into next week, especially with the England friendly meaning if Lescott does get called up he won't even get to train at city.

Well I agree, he either doesnt have the bottle to put in the a written request or go to the press or he doesnt want the move enough. Neither is good from our point of view. Cant see us letting this go on into next week its really damaging our preparations.

The really good news is Spurs have signed Bassong !

Taylor said:
Dobsy87 said:

I actually agree with this, I cannot see city letting this run into next week, especially with the England friendly meaning if Lescott does get called up he won't even get to train at city.

I agree but the danger is that it might be Lescott or nothing. And the closer the first day of the season gets the more reluctant other teams may be to sell.

To be honest we need someone alot better than Lescott to sort our defense out. Move on to a better player than this guy. Everton clearly want us to pay an outrageous amount for a player who will never bully the shit out of an opposition player or become a true leader. Thats what we need.

I still think much of our problem defensively is due to the instability, and changing the line up every week.

On paper we have some excellent players, Given, Zabs, Kompany, Richards and Nedum would get in most of the top 6 squads if not starting 11.

But we never had a settled side.I would like to see him go for 4 defenders and them play every match for at least 10 games - baring injury and suspesnion and see what they can do. Need to develope an understanding in there. If we cant get Lescott, make another signing quickly, fuck Ben Haim off, pay him off whatever just get him away from the team. Put the best 4 in and give them a decent run in the side.

The best defence in the league, Rags, CHelsea and Liverpool rarely change their defensive line ups unless they have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.