Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
alera said:
Well Alonso did and it worked for him. Only way it was going to happen.

As with Eto we should just walk away from this now. No good signing him on the 31st of August for £30 million.

Hes not a world class star like Terry and Eto. THey were worth waiting for and silly money. He is not.

I'm sure Alonso didn't want it to happen that way. Madrid were in for him last year as were Juventus I think and whilst he probably would have gone he didnt request a transfer. And if your a footballer and you see the players Madrid are putting together and they were interested in you then you would do your best to get there. Madrid have done what we want to do buying in Kaka Ronaldo Benzema etc etc.

We are miles behind being able to do this at the minute. And as shown we have found it very difficult to attract the world stars as shown and lescott is the next level that we can acheive.

Have to balance it up - is Lescott worth £30m? Most definately not. Are we better off with him in the side, of course. Do we pay over the odds or not - down to the owners/manager

If Ireland wanted to go to Barca he should absolutely put in a transfer request. Staying quiet, hoping it will be the club that gets the blame for your departure, and preserving your loyalty bonus (when you are not showing any loyalty) is the cowards way out.

Incidentally, if Ireland was keen on a move I would fully expect that he would be man enough to say so publicly.

Concur difference is if a side like Barca or Real came in we would expect him to want to take the opportunity and would concentrate on getting barmy money.

Its the way these things are done of course a club wont sell their best players unless they have to. Alonso, Robinho, Given. They want a move and club dont want to sell its what happens.

Its shame we cant have a poll on this. Options would be :

(1) Lescott wants the move but has no bottle - scared of Moyes and Everton fans.

(2) Lescott is a time waster - sat on the fence not sure what to do.

(3) Lescott never really wanted the move - he loves Everton and is willing to stay for a third of the salary we are offering.

Any other options ? And no he is trying to be reasonable and wants the clubs to come to an amicable agreement is not an option this has been going on for weeks its obvious Everton dont want to deal.

johnmc said:
alera said:
Well Alonso did and it worked for him. Only way it was going to happen.

As with Eto we should just walk away from this now. No good signing him on the 31st of August for £30 million.

Hes not a world class star like Terry and Eto. THey were worth waiting for and silly money. He is not.

I'm sure Alonso didn't want it to happen that way. Madrid were in for him last year as were Juventus I think and whilst he probably would have gone he didnt request a transfer. And if your a footballer and you see the players Madrid are putting together and they were interested in you then you would do your best to get there. Madrid have done what we want to do buying in Kaka Ronaldo Benzema etc etc.

We are miles behind being able to do this at the minute. And as shown we have found it very difficult to attract the world stars as shown and lescott is the next level that we can acheive.

Have to balance it up - is Lescott worth £30m? Most definately not. Are we better off with him in the side, of course. Do we pay over the odds or not - down to the owners/manager

agreed. i think that in order for us to get a level of success quickly that will attract world class players soon- we may well have to fork out over the odds for players on the next level down. hopefully it will balance itself out when we start being succesful and players like Kaka want to come to us. we'll still have to pay a lot of money for them- but the 25/30 million we will be spending will be on the top level of player as opposed to the 2nd level- which is the postion we are in now. no disrespect to the players we have bought-and they are all very exciting acquisitons- but we all know we've paid over the odds for some of them.

hopefully we can add Lescott to that group. and he'll be the last player we get mugged for.

alera said:
Michael Dawson, Woodgate,

Dawson is injured (well the one at spurs ) and shit

Woodgate is injured. To say he is injury prone would be putting it mildly - Hes played only a fraction of avaialble games at his various clubs over the last 5 seasons. I wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot barge pole.

this for me makes it all the more likely he is on hughes' radar. he doesn't worry about such trivial matters as horrific injury records.

we should not be continuing with this bollocks. move on for the love of jesus christ hughes.

johnmc said:
alera said:
It seems pretty obvious this is not going to happen now. The player needed to hand in a written request and go to the press. He has no bottle, has not done this so its over.

I am amazed to be honest but there you go. Players loss, Everton go into the season with what they have. Its unsettled them more than us thats for sure.

I did say at the time it was madness to allow jo to go on loan to one of our main rivals in the league - especially without us getting something GURANTEED in return.

The way that Everton and Moyes have behaved has proven this opinion to be correct.

They have not paid a loan fee or all his wages. If they want to keep Lescott fine. We should cancel Jos loan and send him out on loan to Burnley etc or a club abroad. Move on to other targets now.

Why should he hand a transfer request in? What if Barcelona come calling for Ireland? Should he force a transfer there? Because City would without a doubt refuse any bid. Ireland will most probably see Barca as a bigger club because anyone in football would. I prefer to think he would respect the club that gave him his big chance - if we choose to sell fair enough, thats a different matter.

If ireland wanted to go, yes he should put a transfer request in otherwise make a statement and
say you want to stay.

DVB would be awesome. He's got a few years in him yet and by all accounts has been exceptional. Also can be used up front. But as Lucio has gone to Inter I don't suppose we could get him?

alera said:
If Ireland wanted to go to Barca he should absolutely put in a transfer request. Staying quiet, hoping it will be the club that gets the blame for your departure, and preserving your loyalty bonus (when you are not showing any loyalty) is the cowards way out.

Incidentally, if Ireland was keen on a move I would fully expect that he would be man enough to say so publicly.

Concur difference is if a side like Barca or Real came in we would expect him to want to take the opportunity and would concentrate on getting barmy money.

Its the way these things are done of course a club wont sell their best players unless they have to. Alonso, Robinho, Given. They want a move and club dont want to sell its what happens.

Its shame we cant have a poll on this. Options would be :

(1) Lescott wants the move but has no bottle - scared of Moyes and Everton fans.

(2) Lescott is a time waster - sat on the fence not sure what to do.

(3) Lescott never really wanted the move - he loves Everton and is willing to stay for a third of the salary we are offering.

Any other options ? And no he is trying to be reasonable and wants the clubs to come to an amicable agreement is not an option this has been going on for weeks its obvious Everton dont want to deal.

(4) He has handed in a transfer request that was rejected, Everton have kept it in house and Lescott is scared of going public about it incase Moyes makes him stay and fucks his world cup chances up

Im going with this!

hopefully we can add Lescott to that group. and he'll be the last player we get mugged for.

The problem is giving a manager like Moyes £30 million we might end up doing more harm than good. Also Moyes and Kenright hav ealready said he is not for sale at any price - even £30 million.

They have turned this transfer into a big issue if they keep him they see it as a huge victory that masks the fact the are skint and cant sign any players.

They are desperate to keep him fine We could have Upson, Hangerland and change with the mopney we have been offering. Or Burno Alves.

We really do need to start picking up the pace with our defensive additions, there's a week until the season starts, and less than 4 weeks until the transfer window ends. This Lescott farce (becasue that's what it's now becoming) needs to get sorted one way or the other and quickly. Either get him signed up or else move on to another target. The addition of Kolo Toure simply won't be enuogh to fix a defence that was our main weakness last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.