Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
keemcfc said:
jellert said:
I'm Dutch and I know Sneijder a litte.

He will never sign for a club like Aston Villa. Too big ego!

Madrid have said that they want to keep him.

Van der Vaart can leave, Huntelaar already gone
this is the lescott thread.

lol.

yeah my mistake.. I take it to the other one :D

It seems pretty obvious this is not going to happen now. The player needed to hand in a written request and go to the press. He has no bottle, has not done this so its over.

I am amazed to be honest but there you go. Players loss, Everton go into the season with what they have. Its unsettled them more than us thats for sure.

I did say at the time it was madness to allow jo to go on loan to one of our main rivals in the league - especially without us getting something GURANTEED in return.

The way that Everton and Moyes have behaved has proven this opinion to be correct.

They have not paid a loan fee or all his wages. If they want to keep Lescott fine. We should cancel Jos loan and send him out on loan to Burnley etc or a club abroad. Move on to other targets now.

alera said:
I did say at the time it was madness to allow jo to go on loan to one of our main rivals in the league - especially without us getting something GURANTEED in return.

Very true, this is the most amazing thing out of the whole saga. We give them Jo, they stiff us completely in return. Maybe we had an informal agreement in place and they've fooked us.

alera said:
It seems pretty obvious this is not going to happen now. The player needed to hand in a written request and go to the press. He has no bottle, has not done this so its over.

I am amazed to be honest but there you go. Players loss, Everton go into the season with what they have. Its unsettled them more than us thats for sure.

The way that Everton and Moyes have behaved has proven this opinion to be correct.

They have not paid a loan fee or all his wages. If they want to keep Lescott fine. We should cancel Jos loan and send him out on loan to Burnley etc or a club abroad. Move on to other targets now.

Why should he hand a transfer request in? What if Barcelona come calling for Ireland? Should he force a transfer there? Because City would without a doubt refuse any bid. Ireland will most probably see Barca as a bigger club because anyone in football would. I prefer to think he would respect the club that gave him his big chance - if we choose to sell fair enough, thats a different matter.

Chaz, if you dont mind me asking where have you got your info? I know you probably cant say exactly but is it someone within city/everton/connected to the player?

Cheers mate

Well Alonso did and it worked for him. Only way it was going to happen.

As with Eto we should just walk away from this now. No good signing him on the 31st of August for £30 million.

Hes not a world class star like Terry and Eto. THey were worth waiting for and silly money. He is not.

This has dragged on for far too long now. Fuck Lescott and go elsewhere. If he was so desperate to leave, he would have had some bollocks to have handed in a request weeks ago.

I still think he is something that we desperately need, but for a cost of the reported £20-22m I still believe we can get double the standard of player for the same amount of cash.

I still think Kompany is perfect for this role, but we obviously need cover going into the beginning of the season.

johnmc said:
Why should he hand a transfer request in? What if Barcelona come calling for Ireland? Should he force a transfer there?

If Ireland wanted to go to Barca he should absolutely put in a transfer request. Staying quiet, hoping it will be the club that gets the blame for your departure, and preserving your loyalty bonus (when you are not showing any loyalty) is the cowards way out.

Incidentally, if Ireland was keen on a move I would fully expect that he would be man enough to say so publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.