Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we miss out on this we should be looking at either playing toure and knompany as centre halfs or enquiring about these guys:

bruno alves,
mertersacker,
metzelder,
chiellini, (or however you spell it)
demichelis, (or however you spell it)
agger,
naldo,
marchena,
westermen,
mensah, (or however you spell it)
alexis,
rodriguez, (or however you spell it)

but the chances are we wont go after any of them because theyre not prem proven, FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(appart from agger)

Sorry if this has already been said but I have been on holiday and come back to here all these Everton fans moaning about our offers for Lescott and all this about them being a bigger club.

Firstly I just want to say GROW UP!!!! Who cares who is a bigger club! If you base your criteria on success then maybe Everton are larger but if your basing it on financial strength then you cannot argue that City are much larger (not that it matters anyway).

Secondly we have done nothing wrong in trying to sign Lescott, the problem has been with Everton making everything public just to try and make City out to be disrespectful and wanting people to recognise that they were forced into the transfer... Boo Whoo - thats professional Football!

Thirdly Everton have been saying that Lescott will only be going for the money!!!! I think we all know that is not true... Firstly he is a professional sportsman who is highly competitive and always wants to WIN! Why would you pass up an opportunity to play for more money, in a top quality team, at a better stadium with a larger capacity? Also and the main reason is that he will be competing for trophies at the highest level because lets face it, thats why we all get into competitive sport!

Finally I put this to Everton fans... What was the difference in transfer when you brought Lescott in from Wolves? Nothing! He went to you for more money, to compete at a higher level, in a better team, at a better stadium with a larger capacity.

Again apologies if someone has already said this

avoidconfusion said:
keemcfc said:
Leave Distin, keep Kompany.

A back four of; Bridge, Kompany, Toure and Zabaleta or Richards, in my eyes, is a very good back four, but I've got a feeling that Hughes wont play Kompany next season.

Won't do us much good to rely on Kompany because he will have surgery on his toe and will miss the beginning part of the season.

We need someone who can play now, not weeks after the season started.

I don't understand how we can only sign 1 defender so far and waste weeks on Terry and Lescott before moving on... we're running out of time and I fear all the transfers we have done so far won't mean jack if we still have calamity Dunne as part of the back 4.
see my above post or onouha?

It's right we're not gonna get Upson AND Lescott. Both need first team football. But we do need insurance and it would appear the majority view that Dunney is not that insurance. An insurance signing (in the event that the Lescott deal does not come off or drags on into the start of the season) would be an end of career player with a couple or three seasons left in him. A Carvalho/Distain/DVB type signing. Doesn't fit the perfect profile that MH seeks but where needs must......

Balti said:
It's right we're not gonna get Upson AND Lescott. Both need first team football. But we do need insurance and it would appear the majority view that Dunney is not that insurance. An insurance signing (in the event that the Lescott deal does not come off or drags on into the start of the season) would be an end of career player with a couple or three seasons left in him. A Carvalho/Distain/DVB type signing. Doesn't fit the perfect profile that MH seeks but where needs must......

You've got to think when it get's to january with Toure out for up to a month with the ANC that we need a couple more CB's really !!!!!!

mancity dan said:
Balti said:

You've got to think when it get's to january with Toure out for up to a month with the ANC that we need a couple more CB's really !!!!!!

Is the African Nations Cup next Jan?

So that means Adebayor will be out as well? (proabably)

chrisb182 said:
mancity dan said:

Yep next January

chrisb182 said:
mancity dan said:

Yeah but I think it's fair to say, (RSC injuries permitting), we have ample cover upfront.

If Lescott turns out to be a no go, do you think we've got anyone lined up for a quick completion like we did with eto'o/Adebayor? If so, who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.