Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just walk away now, £18m was too much let alone £22m. Can get a far better CB for that money, even Real Madrid picked up Albiol for peanuts compared to that fee.

This should of been knocked on the head weeks ago when the bid of £18m was rejected.We are 1 week away from the start of the season and our defensive frailties have been highlighted in the pre-season games,yet Hughes obsession with Lescott/Premier League defenders has wasted valuable time.

There is some very good defenders on the continent for a lot less than what would of cost us for JL.

staffs_blue said:
This should of been knocked on the head weeks ago when the bid of £18m was rejected.We are 1 week away from the start of the season and our defensive frailties have been highlighted in the pre-season games,yet Hughes obsession with Lescott/Premier League defenders has wasted valuable time.

There is some very good defenders on the continent for a lot less than what would of cost us for JL.

I totaly agree. Hughs' obsessioon with JL has cost us valuable jelling time for any other CB we could have gone for.

Lucio and Luizao both spring to mind as great CB's we could get without to much fuss. I doubt we could tempt Chelsea into selling Alex, As i think Ancelotti wants to keep all his players together. And i simply don't think Upson is at the level that we need.

There are a couple of other names that spring to mind that i have not heard anyone mention.

1. Mamadou Sakho. 19 year old, left footed French Colossus who plays CB at PSG. He can also play LFB. Arsenal have been scouting him for a while now. He is seen as a sure fire future French national team regular. He's been dubbed the next Marcel Desailly.

2. Frederico Fazio. Another top class young CB who plays for Sevilla. He is highly rated by Diego Maradona and we may see him in the Argentine national set up as soon as this season. I'm pretty sure Arsenal put a bid in for this lad which was rejected. However they were probably just testing the waters. If we put up serious money, Sevilla may just listen!

So there are others out there. Hughes simply needs to think outside the box. If we don't snap up this kind of talent our rivals will!!!

knock it on the head and recall Jo, just for the way Moyes has behaved. I can't see what City or Hughes are supposed to have done so wrong.

Those of you who said joleons not a leader are right Neville is the leader, but when Neville is'nt playing Lescott is a great organiser, he's also a beast, i've not seen anybody give him a hard time in 3 seasons, a great centre half.
At the game last night the crowd kept chanting his name but he hardly acknowleged it, i wish you would move on to other targets but somehow i get the impression that this is going to go ahead, its just a case of us getting a replacement.

licker said:
Those of you who said joleons not a leader are right Neville is the leader, but when Neville is'nt playing Lescott is a great organiser, he's also a beast, i've not seen anybody give him a hard time in 3 seasons, a great centre half.
At the game last night the crowd kept chanting his name but he hardly acknowleged it, i wish you would move on to other targets but somehow i get the impression that this is going to go ahead, its just a case of us getting a replacement.

Good post, thanks for the info.

auction294 said:
knock it on the head and recall Jo, just for the way Moyes has behaved. I can't see what City or Hughes are supposed to have done so wrong.

can jo be recalled? i would have thought the season long loan would be covered by a watertight contract with only acts of god or an unprecedented injury list possibly (and only possibly) allowing a return.

hughes lost the opportunity to tie lescott's transfer in with the deal. the gargoyle must have been equally desperate to get jo's services on the cheap for a season as he is to keep lescott. and if lescott's definitely going nowhere why is he chasing senderos?

licker said:

How did he leave the pitch?

Did he throw his shirt to crowd, just wondered if they gave him his farewell game last night

He left the pitch bare chested but he still had his shirt in his hand when he went down the tunnel, its just that he never waved to appreciate the chanting, its as tho it never happened.
I've got a bad feeling about this, Lescotts been a great player for us.

Moyes saying to the press last night that lescot is going nowhere and I've been consistent in
this all summer the thing is lescot asks moyes that he would like to go to us moyes will just say you going nowhere and if you put up a fuss you will be fined and i'll stick you on the bench and thats your england chance down the pan because we all know if your not playing consistantley with this england manager he wont pick you. For me Moyes is a hypocrite if the rags came calling
for his services he'd be packed and out the door quicker than rats from a sinking ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.