Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Moyes' body language and statement there is no way he is selling anyone, he will look a fool now if he goes. Hope we can improve the back before long...

yep time to find alternatives i think, there has to be some decent cbs in europe surley..?

BlakeTheBlue said:
I totaly agree. Hughs' obsessioon with JL has cost us valuable jelling time for any other CB we could have gone for.

Lucio and Luizao both spring to mind as great CB's we could get without to much fuss. I doubt we could tempt Chelsea into selling Alex, As i think Ancelotti wants to keep all his players together. And i simply don't think Upson is at the level that we need.

There are a couple of other names that spring to mind that i have not heard anyone mention.

1. Mamadou Sakho. 19 year old, left footed French Colossus who plays CB at PSG. He can also play LFB. Arsenal have been scouting him for a while now. He is seen as a sure fire future French national team regular. He's been dubbed the next Marcel Desailly.

For one, Lucio has gone to Inter.

Secondly, Sahko turned down the opportunity to go to Arsenal saying he wanted to say at PSG and learn his trade for longer. He wouldn't come unless we threw silly silly money at him, and then set a precedent for all of our 19yo's to demand similar wages, which is just insanity.

This situation reminds me of what happened in January when we were crying out for a targetman and Hughes couldn't look past RSC, that in my view cost us a place in Europe. Lescott is a pretty good player, but I'm sure he is not the only left footed CB that is within the level we are looking that is available(and many would question that Lescott is available at all!).

DontLookBackInAnger said:
This situation reminds me of what happened in January when we were crying out for a targetman and Hughes couldn't look past RSC, that in my view cost us a place in Europe. Lescott is a pretty good player, but I'm sure he is not the only left footed CB that is within the level we are looking that is available(and many would question that Lescott is available at all!).

Can only agree m8 , its time to move on and find a replacement .I dont have a problem with upson infact maybe a better option as he.s cheaper and vinny wil be fit shortly and he will be a perfect partner for toure , upson then will be a sound squad player .

The thing is, it's not football manager so Hughes can't just go out and buy a player who has good 'stats'

Half opf the people suggesting players like Mexes etc probably haven't seem him play (not a dig at you zeven). If they had they would notice he is pretty inconsistent and very prone to the odd David James style gaffe. When he is on, he is world class, but when he is off he is very bad. Not what we need given we want to build stability and consistency at the back.

Hughes has other things to think about when bringing a defender in, especially when it's probably the final piece of a jigsaw that will see himm succeed or be sacked. There are so many different variables that need to be looked at it in a defender. Being English and premiership based is one as he will settle straight away. Having a decent attitude is another as he needs to be able to adapt to Hughes and co's training methods. Being left-footed is obviously important as he wants cover for left back aswell, so there again we need somebody who can actually play left back. He also probably needs to speak the language for him to gel with his defensive buddies quickly. He also has to be at the right age where he has experience aswell as still having enough left in his career to make the deal worthwhile.

No all the defenders being mentioned on here don't even tick half the boxes.

Luisao is untested as is Bruno Alves. Mexes in inconsistent. Sakho has potential coming out of his arse but he wants to stay at PSG and learn his trade.

Personally if Lescott falls through i'd go for Upson. He would tie us over for a few years and he ticks all the boxes. He'd cost half of what Lescott would. If we want to experiment into foreign markets for players in a few years when Hughes probably has more margin for error, then fair enough but for now i think he's going to look a little closer to home and i honestly don't blame him.

ono said:
Personally if Lescott falls through i'd go for Upson. He would tie us over for a few years and he ticks all the boxes. He'd cost half of what Lescott would. If we want to experiment into foreign markets for players in a few years when Hughes probably has more margin for error, then fair enough but for now i think he's going to look a little closer to home and i honestly don't blame him.
as i said before spot on ..move on mark ..infact today lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.