Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was good not to see Benjani, Garrido or Etuhu at today's match. If we can lump Dunne in with them and make a decision on TBH's future based on his last 2 performances, I reckon we will finally be on the right track. We still need Left-back cover for Bridge, a right-back, Defensive Midfielder and creative cover for Ireland in my opinion, but Rome wasn't built in a day and we wont be built in 1 transfer window.

Overall it was a promising performance, but no way a top 4 performance. Our defence will collapse under sustained pressure form good Premiership teams. It doesn't look like Lescott will happen so Hughes need to put plan C in action and I wouldn't mind there being a plan D too!! The defence will be our undoing this season unless it is sorted.

Top 4 attack and midfield and Bottom 4 defence = Mid-table finish!!!!

We need Lescott!!! In a meeting tonight, Bill Kenwright has told a top MCFC official that they will under no circumstances sell Lescott to a rival for a Top 4 place, so apparently we're having to 'review our options'!!! Tonight, David Moyes has been installed as favourite to succeed Fergie when he retires, lets' see what his loyalty to Everton is like when the 'Evil Empire' come calling!!!!

Over to you Joleon!!!!

I guarantee Lescott will be a city player come Jan....hope he has a word with Scott Parker and sees how not moving to us worked out for him.I dont think Upson would come to us as he'd be risking his world cup spot and I couldnt see him replacing VK when he's fit.

Dribble said:
It was good not to see Benjani, Garrido or Etuhu at today's match. If we can lump Dunne in with them and make a decision on TBH's future based on his last 2 performances, I reckon we will finally be on the right track. We still need Left-back cover for Bridge, a right-back, Defensive Midfielder and creative cover for Ireland in my opinion, but Rome wasn't built in a day and we wont be built in 1 transfer window.

Overall it was a promising performance, but no way a top 4 performance. Our defence will collapse under sustained pressure form good Premiership teams. It doesn't look like Lescott will happen so Hughes need to put plan C in action and I wouldn't mind there being a plan D too!! The defence will be our undoing this season unless it is sorted.

We need Lescott!!! In a meeting tonight, Bill Kenwright has told a top MCFC official that they will under no circumstances sell Lescott to a rival for a Top 4 place, so apparently we're having to 'review our options'!!! Tonight, David Moyes has been installed as favourite to succeed Fergie when he retires, lets' see what his loyalty to Everton is like when the 'Evil Empire' come calling!!!!

Over to you Joleon!!!!

Bollocks.

chorleybloo123 said:
Dribble said:

Over to you Joleon!!!!

Bollocks.
Not transfer news, but on what do you base the idea that City's defence will crumble?

We've got a great keeper, 2 good full backs, and Toure and Dunne. They need games together, but surely the criticism is OTT?

Marvin said:
chorleybloo123 said:
Bollocks.
Not transfer news, but on what do you base the idea that City's defence will crumble?

We've got a great keeper, 2 good full backs, and Toure and Dunne. They need games together, but surely the criticism is OTT?

Today's match against Celtic and the 1 against Rangers prompted me not to just make a statement of opinion, but to try and back it up with fact as I see it. I've got reservations with Zab as an out & out defender and not much more faith in our alternatives as it stands. Zab was turned inside out too many times today for my liking and I honestly think he's a better defensive midfielder.

Dunne?? All you needed to do was watch today's match and it summed up Dunne to a tee. Honestly, I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinion, but where mines concerned I see it as simple as this: If we want Champions League Football, how many of our current defence would walk into Liverpool's, Utd's, Chelsea's or Arsenal's squad, Toure, Bridge & Kompany apart?

As for chorleybloo123, will you kindly and respectfully like to expand?

Zabs had a decent game today hes not played that much preseason he is a solid top 6 fullback.

Dunne is punching a bit above him weight at the level we awant to be at but wiould be an excellent squad player. Ben Haim played for most of the game today so we were bound to let a goal in.

The main priority should be for Ben Haim to never play for city again he costs us at least one goal every time he plays.

Ok I have been thinking abouth this...(dangerous I know) how much is Lescott worth to us? not the general market but to us, i recon 25 Mill would be ok to spend to get him I might even go as far as to say the transformation and versatility he would being could even be worth more to us, so how much would you pay for him? I recon 25 mill + Jo might even be an option, afterall he is a young English left footed centre back, I know it's irrevant as we don't make the decision and it's down to the gaffer.

anyone else reckon that it's time to stop playing so nicely with Gollum?

i wonder how "22 Million for Lescott or else we require Jo's services immediately" would sound to him?

Everton is just another feeder club to us now... high time they learned their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.