Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
wantefc said:
Have to admit im suprised he wasnt part of a deal for Lescott...its the 1st thing we all thought......but the longer it drags on...unless u offer unbelievable money he isnt moving..i do think it wasnt the best decision loaning us Jo,as much as u dont rate him i think he's looked good preseason.

I do rate Jo. Well, his potential anyway. Just like I rated Elano. And don't rate Bellamy. Just because they are decisions made by MCFC doesn't mean I agree with them. I think letting Elano and Jo leave the club (especially Jo in the way it has been done) were decisions that bordered on moronic, but Hughes seems to get an erection for some players, while go soft when thinking of others. No rhyme or reason to it that I can see. Maybe it actually is a physical attraction - RSC is a good looking lad lol.

I am on the fence about Lescott. He would improve us, no doubt, but then so would a dozen or more other easily gettable players. The deal I would have gone for would have been something like £12-£15m plus Jo on a permanent deal. To just let you have Jo for nothing and then pay a ridiculous fee for Lescott shows we are still very naive in my eyes, and have a long way to go to match the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and United in transfer dealings (I don't include Liverpool as I think Benitez is a complete tool)

Apologies for trying to talk football amidst all the scouse/manc bashing ;)

SalfordCityBlue said:
wantefc said:
Have to admit im suprised he wasnt part of a deal for Lescott...its the 1st thing we all thought......but the longer it drags on...unless u offer unbelievable money he isnt moving..i do think it wasnt the best decision loaning us Jo,as much as u dont rate him i think he's looked good preseason.

I do rate Jo. Well, his potential anyway. Just like I rated Elano. And don't rate Bellamy. Just because they are decisions made by MCFC doesn't mean I agree with them. I think letting Elano and Jo leave the club (especially Jo in the way it has been done) were decisions that bordered on moronic, but Hughes seems to get an erection for some players, while go soft when thinking of others. No rhyme or reason to it that I can see. Maybe it actually is a physical attraction - RSC is a good looking lad lol.

I am on the fence about Lescott. He would improve us, no doubt, but then so would a dozen or more other easily gettable players. The deal I would have gone for would have been something like £12-£15m plus Jo on a permanent deal. To just let you have Jo for nothing and then pay a ridiculous fee for Lescott shows we are still very naive in my eyes, and have a long way to go to match the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and United in transfer dealings (I don't include Liverpool as I think Benitez is a complete tool)

Good post....i agree with all your points....in truth i do like Lescott he is very good it must help that our defence is good in general but he isnt World Class...I think that Hughes wanted rid of all the brazilians bar one.If we did get £25 mill ...i think we will have stitched you uyp....

SalfordCityBlue said:
wantefc said:

Really ? Chelsea the club that spent £21 million on SWP and never really gave him a chance. And, the same Chelsea that are due to bid £45 million on Pato and if reports are true, loan him back to AC for the season.

wantefc said:
BringBackSwales said:
what the fuck do you know about MANCHESTER CITY? Barry not great? - watch and learn, he was great at Villa and will continue to be so at CITY. The media love us at the moment? - which fucking paper is that then? Top heavy with attacking players - he wants two for every position - Ade and RSC for central striker, Robbie and Bellamy for attacking left, Tevez and SWP for attacking right, we Jo, Sturridge, Evans, Bojinov have all gone and Benjani almost certainly will go. Stick to talking about everscum soft lah
I said he is good.....i dont think he is great just my opinion....you got him at a good price....but top 4 standard he isnt sorry if you disagree....plus calling me laaah when im not a scouser doesnt really work.

true

wantefc said:
Good post....i agree with all your points....in truth i do like Lescott he is very good it must help that our defence is good in general but he isnt World Class...I think that Hughes wanted rid of all the brazilians bar one.If we did get £25 mill ...i think we will have stitched you uyp....

Lescott looks good as part of a well drilled defensive unit. As does Jagielka. I think you could slot almost any player in there and make them look better than they actually are. Gary Cahill would be a good replacement I reckon if Lescott did go, but if you get £25m for him, then no doubt Bolton will jack up the price way above his worth to you, so it makes it all kind of pointless.

I would worry that Lescott would look much worse in our defence than he does in yours, and the money would look even worse value six weeks in.

No. I think we should leave this one alone and go looking either for good value elsewhere or a big splash on a superstar. To pay 'galactico' money for Lescott is a bad idea all ends up.

I do think Moyes should get rid now though. Now his head has been turned I wouldn't want him anywhere near the dressing room.

SalfordCityBlue said:
wantefc said:

I don't see how letting go 2 players who in opinion of the majority of City fans weren't up to it is "moronic". Elano didn't adapt to the PL, its nothing to do with his ability it's with his choice not to use it 100% of the time. Did we receive an offer from any of the top 4 for him? NO. Did any of the big clubs in Europe come in with a concrete offer of more than we paid for him NO. There were rumours Jose wanted him but if he did it was on the cheap. Where has he ended up? Greece!!. Says it all really what people who know about football think of him. His "reputation" is built on 3/4 good games he had at the start of 2007/08 season.

Jo was another who hasn't adapted. I have friends who are toffee fans and they are very lukewarm about having him back. He won't be first choice there. Be honest would you pick him ahead of Ade, Tevez, Bellamy or Robbie???. Loaning him out is a great piece of business. If he does adapt and starts to produce the goods then we get another class forward, if he doesn't then at least he isn't cocking things up for City.

MH built a good team at Blackburn and before anyone posts about the style of football they played it was the same style the top 4 play only he had to do it with less skilful players, now he's got the money he's buying PL experienced players who have skills allied to the hard work, want to win, ethic. We might not break the top 4 monopoly this season because I think we are 3 players short, 2 defensive and a creative mid but you never know MH could address that in January.

It's still going to be a roller coaster ride but in the end we will break through.

vincent said:
Really ? Chelsea the club that spent £21 million on SWP and never really gave him a chance. And, the same Chelsea that are due to bid £45 million on Pato and if reports are true, loan him back to AC for the season.

I think Chelsea were equally naive at the point they bought SWP. But at least they weren't bankrolling a direct rival at that time.

I would do anything to get Pato at City - if the only way was to loan him back to AC for a year I would do it. Can't see that rumour being true though anyway.

woolleyback blue said:
I don't see how letting go 2 players who in opinion of the majority of City fans weren't up to it is "moronic".

Just my opinion mate, not asking you to agree with it.
Elano was more than good enough for us. Potentially key. Jo is potentially very good too - he was never given a chance with us.

Both have left because the manager couldn't bring the best out of them for whatever reason. At least Jo seems to be able to play more than four games consecutively without needing six months to recover lol.

SalfordCityBlue said:
woolleyback blue said:
I don't see how letting go 2 players who in opinion of the majority of City fans weren't up to it is "moronic".

Just my opinion mate, not asking you to agree with it.
Elano was more than good enough for us. Potentially key. Jo is potentially very good too - he was never given a chance with us.

Both have left because the manager couldn't bring the best out of them for whatever reason. At least Jo seems to be able to play more than four games consecutively without needing six months to recover lol.

Think the two players you mention have been ditched because of their attitude rather than football ability to be honest. Time will tell whether Hughes was right about them, but it's his arse in a sling not mine, so it's his call.

woolleyback blue said:
I don't see how letting go 2 players who in opinion of the majority of City fans weren't up to it is "moronic". Elano didn't adapt to the PL, its nothing to do with his ability it's with his choice not to use it 100% of the time. Did we receive an offer from any of the top 4 for him? NO. Did any of the big clubs in Europe come in with a concrete offer of more than we paid for him NO. There were rumours Jose wanted him but if he did it was on the cheap. Where has he ended up? Greece!!. Says it all really what people who know about football think of him. His "reputation" is built on 3/4 good games he had at the start of 2007/08 season.

Close but no cigar. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.