Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SalfordCityBlue said:
woolleyback blue said:
I don't see how letting go 2 players who in opinion of the majority of City fans weren't up to it is "moronic".

Just my opinion mate, not asking you to agree with it.
Elano was more than good enough for us. Potentially key. Jo is potentially very good too - he was never given a chance with us.

Both have left because the manager couldn't bring the best out of them for whatever reason. At least Jo seems to be able to play more than four games consecutively without needing six months to recover lol.

elano went to get games every week so he can play at the wourld cup which he wouldn't for us, bottom line is we've got better. And jo has got a big season ahead off him at everton he's gotta prove he is good enough to be in are team now he is settled and used to the prem, if he does well we keep him iff not he goes

i think who we get in now is gunna be 1 of 2 lescott or upson and it will come down to the england squad cos 1 off the 3 players we have in it will ask lescott iff he wants to come iff he says yes the mh knows to go for it, iff not then upson will be next and can be asked the same question. And as much as he is only prob as good as dunne he is miles better that that donkey ben hiam.

tbh I think upson will do a job this year for us, then go for lescott next summer, or maybe someone better, but I thinwe should move on now and get upson he is a good player. better than dunne in my view now.

Just my opinion mate, not asking you to agree with it.
Elano was more than good enough for us. Potentially key. Jo is potentially very good too - he was never given a chance with us.

Both have left because the manager couldn't bring the best out of them for whatever reason. At least Jo seems to be able to play more than four games consecutively without needing six months to recover lol.

Elano had half a dozen decent games for us in 2 seasons. He only played at home and or if the weather was good. He was disruptive and went after the manager so had to go.

Will we miss him ? His penalties maybe but otherwise no.

As for Jo he never had a decent game for us. Was he given a fair chance ? Not really but Hughes hasnt got the luxury of training players on the job. The only mistake made with Jo was signing him in the first place then letting him go to Everton with no strings attached.

Funny it was only a few months ago people were praising Elano as an example of Hughes man management. Player of the month two months running IIRC?

Now he's gone, and it's back to the same old myths.

moomba said:
Funny it was only a few months ago people were praising Elano as an example of Hughes man management. Player of the month two months running IIRC?

Exactly. Elano had come round to the Hughes way of playing and only recently Ireland was waxing lyrical about Ela and Robbi running past him to defend. Elano should not have been sold. We dont have a player anywhere near his ability in our midfield.

The Jo deal is pure stupidity and i hope at the next fans forum someone asks the question regarding why Jo was not a bargaining chip in the Lescott deal. Its as if we thought letting them have him was a sweetener when in fact it was idiocy. I could not give two shits about Jo. He was fucking gash when he played for us and good luck to everton getting something out of him, im sure he will score a few from long ball knock downs.

moomba said:

2 good months in a season? not really a myth then is it?

If they ever make the season to 2 months long we could sign him back :)

Seriously though, he definitely upped his game towards the end of the season, but i'll never be convinced he can sustain it over a longer period. Maybe this move is right for him and i wish him good luck.

Elano was never going to get into the team on a regular basis. For his world cup chances he has to play regulary. That wasn't going to happen for him at City.

What myths ? With the excpetion of the first few months under Sven he didnt show up for most of the games he played for us. If Sven had stayed on there was talk he was considering selling him.

If hes so good why was there no interest at all from any of the decent sides in Europe ?

I rated him and like him as a player, hes world class for Brazil unfortunately he couldnt produce anything like his best for us on a regular basis. Plus he was seriously disruptive in the dressing room and went after Hughes publically, so had to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.