Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
and actually, this could be part of the plan. Moyes might turn round and say Lescott wanted to move, what could i do, therefore, Everton and Moyes don't look like the villians

No but it is on record that Moyes and Kenwright have said he won't be going for anything, not even £30m. Kenwright rang talkSPORT to say so infact. Neither of them can lose face now so it is gonna either go on and on or be resolved with us looking stupid by bidding £35m...some £20m more than he is actually worth. IMO.

quadvod said:
Forzacitizens said:
has anyone seen this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/08/04/everton-fc-manager-david-moyes-tells-joleon-lescott-you-re-going-nowhere-100252-24307977/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton- ... -24307977/</a>

The journalist in question Dominic King is Everton's mouthpiece in the media - he writes one sycophantic piece after another so he can be given little snippets of transfer news - you can guarantee that that info has come from Moyes himself

King used to work for the MEN, was never a major player there. It's probably just good PR from Everton to be honest. Means that if Lescott forces the move through Moyes is the hero, Joleon the bad guy. A written transfer request is a different proposition to a little chat with Moyes, as it would go over his head. If a transfer request is handed in it'll be in the media straight away, to boost one of the parties agenda's. Can't imagine Lescott staying IF he hands in a request in writing, which several papers are suggesting he will.

On a side note, I wonder how Lescott's letter is coming along, I hope he's typing it. Wonder if he knows about spell check.....can imagine Kenwright being a harsh marker.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
quadvod said:
The journalist in question Dominic King is Everton's mouthpiece in the media - he writes one sycophantic piece after another so he can be given little snippets of transfer news - you can guarantee that that info has come from Moyes himself

King used to work for the MEN, was never a major player there. It's probably just good PR from Everton to be honest. Means that if Lescott forces the move through Moyes is the hero, Joleon the bad guy. A written transfer request is a different proposition to a little chat with Moyes, as it would go over his head. If a transfer request is handed in it'll be in the media straight away, to boost one of the parties agenda's. Can't imagine Lescott staying IF he hands in a request in writing, which several papers are suggesting he will.

On a side note, I wonder how Lescott's letter is coming along, I hope he's typing it. Wonder if he knows about spell check.....can imagine Kenwright being a harsh marker.

I agree - he'd be due an interesting reception against Arsenal at GP in a couple of weeks if he's puts in a formal transfer request - don't see much benefit in keeping an unhappy player even if we are short on numbers.

He's been writing that letter since yesterday afternoon..should be a masterpiece!

To be fair to Maly, he's a good lad and I get the same info he gets from the same source. It's certainly not made up and is entirely legitimate, but obviously not everything we've been told has been proved to be correct in the past. Then again no ITK is 100% accurate.

I had the same text as Maly that they were expecting a deal to be done today, but I'm not convinced it's definitely Lescott. A journo I know seemed pretty pessimistic about Moyes' willingness to sell. I guess all will become clear soon anyway.

Ric said:
To be fair to Maly, he's a good lad and I get the same info he gets from the same source. It's certainly not made up and is entirely legitimate, but obviously not everything we've been told has been proved to be correct in the past. Then again no ITK is 100% accurate.

I had the same text as Maly that they were expecting a deal to be done today, but I'm not convinced it's definitely Lescott. A journo I know seemed pretty pessimistic about Moyes' willingness to sell. I guess all will become clear soon anyway.

Cheers Ric, you are a scholar & a gent.

Are you coming to the Charity game on the 31st?

Ric said:

have you pushed him for a name? ;)

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Ric said:

have you pushed him for a name? ;)

dont think he would tell you if you pushed him, he might slap you back.

Without sounding like i'm taking the piss, which i'm not, why can't we all have this guys number? It sounds like its someone either within the club or the media who Ric and Maly know for different reasons, therefore why can't we all have his number?! I'm being serious/not serious depending on the abuse I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.