Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
alera said:
If Everton had lost Lescott, Upson would have been his replacement. Next best option, West Ham have to bring in money I expect this to happen next week. Lescott will regret this big time and so will Everton IMO.

Unsettled player and no money to spend. Won the battle but lost the war, what they have wont get top 6 this season not with city, VIlla and Spurs stronger than last season and Everton significantly weaker.

Villa stronger than last season even though they have lost there best Midfielder and Defender. Bollocks

Villa stronger than last season even though they have lost there best Midfielder and Defender. Bollocks

Not really they are signing players unlike Everton. I fully expect Villa to have a few more decent players in before the window closes and be stronger than last season overall.

I would rather spend £10 million on Upson for a season or 2 than give Moyes and Everton £25 - £30 million. Yes hes younger and gets a few more goals but Cappelo still has Upson ahead of Lescott in the national sqaud plus he plays in a pretty poor West Ham side.

The players heads turned and they cant strengthen without selling so I view not buying him at this stage as a positive, putting them in a weaker position.

Plus as its now turned nasty hopefully we will recall Jo if not immediately in January.

At the end of the day we will get the extra quality in that we need before the window closes, Everton will end up with an unsettled player and no money to spent so we come out better from this.

All of upsons critics call him injury prone but they were earlier in his career. Yet has played 68 times for West Ham in last
2 years, only missed 1 league game last year. Probably more games than Dunne due to suspensions if nothing else.

He rarely gets booked aswell. Despite being same as age as rio has played 100 less league games so realistically speaking could
still have a few good years in him.

Well in a years time your best defender will resent you for not letting him join us. Your best forward will be sold to anyone other than yourselves. Cahill will be over the hill, and Howard will still be shite.

:)

Bluemoon115 said:
Well in a years time your best defender will resent you for not letting him join us. Your best forward will be sold to anyone other than yourselves. Cahill will be over the hill, and Howard will still be shite.

and don't forget they will still have Phil chuckle!

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Bluemoon115 said:

and don't forget they will still have Phil chuckle!

Which is exactly why Everton will be top four contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.