Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFCJONO said:
stu9488 said:
We have had it since around 11am this morning, it does not mean a transfer will happen it just means we can make a formal valuation. Clubs go through this process all the time just means we can make a bid for a player which isn't against any rules and the info has to have the players blessing. In my opinion when a transfer request is handed in it changes everything, we were just bidding before and now we will be making a formal bid. So basically Mr Moyes might not get the amount of money he wants as now the player wants to leave so the ball is in our court, which is why We were asked to make a formal valuation. My opinion.

So the medical info comes from Lescott and not EFC? If it came from EFC they would only submit the data if they were interested in selling or do they have to if the player requests? Thanks for the previous response.

It would have to have the clubs permission also.

stu9488 said:
EFCJONO said:
Stu, How long have you had the medical data for Lescott? Does this mean that the deal is on with Everton's blessing and all the "We will not sell" stuff in the media is a smoke screen?

We have had it since around 11am this morning, it does not mean a transfer will happen it just means we can make a formal valuation. Clubs go through this process all the time just means we can make a bid for a player which isn't against any rules and the info has to have the players blessing. In my opinion when a transfer request is handed in it changes everything, we were just bidding before and now we will be making a formal bid. So basically Mr Moyes might not get the amount of money he wants as now the player wants to leave so the ball is in our court, which is why We were asked to make a formal valuation. My opinion.

I dont understand something, educate me please stu. Why would a medical team make a valuation of a footballer? Surely valuations are about 95% based on the players ability, then length of existing contract etc. Are we to believe, the medical team say, oooh he's medically spot on, he's worth £25m. I dont buy that, the medical team are not qualified to place a monitory valuation on a football player. They may offer an opinion on whether the money is worth it given the physical state of the player i.e is the condition of the player likely to see out a 4 year contract etc, but I just find it very hard to believe that medical staff are asked to value players financially.

This isnt me calling you a bulshitter or anything like that, merely asking a question that doesnt quite add up.

i said ages ago on this thread that this deal was always on and that the end fee will be 21/22 mil, i still believe this whole affair has just been played out for media and fans purposes HOWEVER the reason it has dragged has been Everton's inability to get the replacements they wanted at the correct price.

california blue said:
Stu, so what did it say about Lescott getting knee capped early in his wolves career - surely that knee wont hold up forever if its been re-built...Should bump his valur down to a more realistic 8M

You being serious?

Everton rejected £18m.

Forgive me if i sound stupid stu, but what's the difference between a "formal valuation" and a valuation? Surely we made our initial bids of £15m and £18m with a valuation of Joleon Lescott in mind? I'd imagine we'd have valued him at roughly £20m and will have started low and gradually increased our bids due to this being the best way to strike a deal. I don't see what difference a "formal valuation" makes. Or are we suddenly going to go "oh shit, the lad was actually only worth £10m. Silly us"? It wouldn't surprise me!

Gwladiator said:
stu9488 said:

Lescott has 3/4 years left on his Contract.
Moyes is adamant he will not leave for any price.
Transfer request means very little, Lescott won't strike or put in less effort as he will want to make the World Cup Squad.
The Ball is still in our court but as an Everton fan I would happily take £20m and not have a player who doesn't want to be here.

Im with you Mate, I want him gone, but I'm interested to know if the club have been stringing us along with all this "we will not sell" bullshit when they are communicating with City on the QT.

california blue said:
Stu, so what did it say about Lescott getting knee capped early in his wolves career - surely that knee wont hold up forever if its been re-built...Should bump his valur down to a more realistic 8M

I doubt Stu can release private info like this.

markbmcfc said:
stu9488 said:

I dont understand something, educate me please stu. Why would a medical team make a valuation of a footballer? Surely valuations are about 95% based on the players ability, then length of existing contract etc. Are we to believe, the medical team say, oooh he's medically spot on, he's worth £25m. I dont buy that, the medical team are not qualified to place a monitory valuation on a football player. They may offer an opinion on whether the money is worth it given the physical state of the player i.e is the condition of the player likely to see out a 4 year contract etc, but I just find it very hard to believe that medical staff are asked to value players financially.

This isnt me calling you a bulshitter or anything like that, merely asking a question that doesnt quite add up.

Medical team make a valuation based on fitness levels and appearences etc, then there is a second valuation made by the powers that be that include marketing capabilities (shirt sales) the two are added together and put to the club, medical staff are in the best position to make a valuation, we can tell how long he can play for in years and even down to months. We can see if hes going to have any muscular conditions in later life. Medical staff from every club are heavily involved in valuating players.

stu9488 said:
markbmcfc said:

Medical team make a valuation based on fitness levels and appearences etc, then there is a second valuation made by the powers that be that include marketing capabilities (shirt sales) the two are added together and put to the club, medical staff are in the best position to make a valuation, we can tell how long he can play for in years and even down to months. We can see if hes going to have any muscular conditions in later life. Medical staff from every club are heavily involved in valuating players.

Did you do RSC and Bellamy - is it a bit below the belt or are you stating they are positve buys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.