Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just nail this Jo thing on the head

The price quoted was the final price we would pay if a series of conditions were met (Champ League, number of goals etc), it was Frank who got him, and Frank was not renowned for paying up front plus I don't think we had that kind of money then anyway

wantefc said:
exiled in Mu**ch said:
Really, why would expect 3 points from Arsenal, admittedly you took 5 points off the Sky 4 last season but it was 5 draws, either 1-1 or 0-0. When was the last time you beat a Sky 4 club? So why ewould you expect to beat Arsenal - is it because we have signed their main centre forward and centre half?

Why shouldnt we be confident, same team as last season and we were within 20 secs of beating them last season.

So what about all the injuries Moyes is whinging about, did Jagielka play? Was Lescott an unhappy bunny then? Was Jo playing for you then? So when was the last time you beat a Sky 4 club? I shall ask again.

The Fixer said:
wantefc said:
Looking at a lot of responses on here i get the impression you want Moyes to go to Utd, just because he is doing his job for the club he works for. Just a tad childish i think.

Tbf fair mate, he might not be making the right decision on this occassion, it appears his stubborn way is ruling his better judgement imo. 20 big ones or whatever the fee is, is imo 5-6 mill ott and it's obvious your not in the best financial shape because......

A) you had to loan jo again
B) Senderos fee appears to of hit the tracks
C) you have failed to strengthen this window so far

A,B and C are all valid points but a lot of you think he is just being awkward for the sake of it. I really doubt it! He is doing what he thinks is best for our club so if we make Lescott stay then i support.
It must of crossed his mind what damage he could do with £20million... in my opinion Lescott is replaceable but im not the Manager

exiled in munich said:
wantefc said:
Why shouldnt we be confident, same team as last season and we were within 20 secs of beating them last season.

So what about all the injuries Moyes is whinging about, did Jagielka play? Was Lescott an unhappy bunny then? Was Jo playing for you then? So when was the last time you beat a Sky 4 club? I shall ask again.

we beat Liverpool in the Fa cup was the last outright win, but what's your point ? Does that make us shit in your eyes?

Another part of this which will probably hurt Everton is that any agent with half a brain isn't going to let there client sign any contracts for a Moyes side without a minimum release fee clause. Personally I think they should be in all contracts anyway.

wantefc said:
The Fixer said:
Tbf fair mate, he might not be making the right decision on this occassion, it appears his stubborn way is ruling his better judgement imo. 20 big ones or whatever the fee is, is imo 5-6 mill ott and it's obvious your not in the best financial shape because......

A) you had to loan jo again
B) Senderos fee appears to of hit the tracks
C) you have failed to strengthen this window so far

A,B and C are all valid points but a lot of you think he is just being awkward for the sake of it. I really doubt it! He is doing what he thinks is best for our club so if we make Lescott stay then i support.
It must of crossed his mind what damage he could do with £20million... in my opinion Lescott is replaceable but im not the Manager

Mate i watched a documentary on David Moyes a while back and even his brother said he is the most stubborn person he's ever met. He is a very single minded person and sometimes ruthless to the point it does affect his decision making.

If i was kenwright i'd drive lescott to carrington for the sums of money being mentioned.

Del_Bosque said:
Another part of this which will probably hurt Everton is that any agent with half a brain isn't going to let there client sign any contracts for a Moyes side without a minimum release fee clause. Personally I think they should be in all contracts anyway.

Yes but you would being mega rich, i think they shouldnt have release clauses....the players know what they are doing when the clubs are making them millionaires by signing long term contracts.
Wonder how you would feel if it was still the old City struggling to make ends meet....

As an Everton Supporter who has watched Lescott progress ever since we signed him I still cannot believe the amount of money you have bid and look like continuing to bid . It is pure madness that your club will consider spending such an amount on a player who frankly isnt worth 10 million let alone 18 - 20 ? Its provided me with no end of amusment watching the hapless Mark Hughes throw the amount of cash around that he has . The man is spunking some serious cash on some frankly average players . Hughes will not last ten minutes at City . He will not win the league with players like Lescott . Moyes is a master at getting the best out of average players . Lescott will soon learn the harsh truth should he go which I hope to god he will at 20 million . It will be totally different at City under Hughes .Just going off the comments Jo has made since he joined us about Hughes and the spirit within the City team .

The Everton team has a special spirit which is why we have produced the goods consistantly with next to fcuk all compared to Manchester United & Chelsea . Id enjoy this moment in time if I were you because come christmas it will be TOTALLY different . Goodluck to you though . I always had a soft spot for City and its good to see an average club get a chance at unsettling the elite .

Goodluck chaps

The Fixer said:
wantefc said:

Mate i watched a documentary on David Moyes a while back and even his brother said he is the most stubborn person he's ever met. He is a very single minded person and sometimes ruthless to the point it does affect his decision making.

If i was kenwright i'd drive lescott to carrington for the sums of money being mentioned.

Mate if it was any earlier in the transfer window id drive lescott in my honda civic for £22 million. Dont think Lescott has done himself any favours leaving it so late to put the request in. In someways if he doesnt get his move then its his own fault too

wantefc said:
exiled in Mu**ch said:

we beat Liverpool in the Fa cup was the last outright win, but what's your point ? Does that make us shit in your eyes?

I meant in the League - to gain 3 points. You see, the way I see it, is that Everton play a style of football that at best typifies a hardworking team ethic and at worst displays all the attributes of a Charles Hughes FA Coaching Manual - without the Don Howe bits. Now, this sets you up perfectly to harry, kick, lump the ball upfield and in essence play like a Championship team. This allows you to beat teams that are either just up from the Championship, or play the game like you do - Bolton, Wigan, Sunderland, Stoke, Blackburn etc. So therefore you amass points from those teams in the lower half of the table, and yet you consistently fail to gain points from those teams around you, and above you. I am classing 5 - 10th here as those teams around you. Now, the style of your football is negative, in that when you play clubs who have a better class of player than yourselves then you aim to stifle them, hence the amount of draws you achieved last season. It is not your aim to take them on at their game and play better football than them, because you don't have better players. Now, this leads you to a number of problems this season, in that a number of teams have strengthened in their football teams, City, Villa even Spurs perhaps, therefore you will, in my opinion because of the dull, repetitive Charles Hughes football you play, be drawing even more games this season.

Oh, and yes, that style of football makes you shit in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.