Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricky_Trev said:
Forzacitizens said:
has stu been on today? hopefully he might have some more news
He works in Sports Science. As he keeps saying, he knows nothing about the deal itself.

well sorry trev, he said they were negotiating a fee yesterday, and also that he had had info on another player

My point is, when your moving players there has to be something of value to the other side, it's all very well to offload your mistakes(don't get me wrong I would love it) but I believe TBH has 3 years left on his deal thats roughly 9.3m in wages. I'm guessing Portsmouth wouldn't be willing to pay more than 25k a week giving you a shortfall of 6m ish.

Yea fair enough. Going rate for a proven prem central defender is more like £30 - £40 k a week these days, my think was Distain is on £70k a week so a ready made replacement on half as much money, hes an international and will want to play every week (hopefully) so if we offer him 2 or 3 million up front to leave and play he might take it. It worked with Freddie L at West Ham.

Being honest is any players going to want to go to Pompey at the moment. There might be no club there in 6 months.

Afternoon guys, Everton fan with a genuine question....i've watched from the sidelines on here for quite a while....i have read with interest that City have not done anything wrong with regards to the Lescott situation, every-one says it's Everton and especailly Moyes fault it has come to this by releasing information about what's going on......we all know it is illegal to approach a player or his agent before agreeing a fee with the selling team or being given permission to talk to the player before a fee is agreed....so my question is how come when this thread started on the 23 June did Tolmie post that Lescott appears to have been sounded out about a move and that his wage demands weren't excessive as i recall he even came up with the fee...by the way the first official bid was not tabled until the 16th July....

Oh and Alera you make me laugh so much, i actually think you believe everything you post and that's why it's so amusing....in answer to you saying every-one but Everton fans think that City are doing everything right and Moyes is doing everything wrong then why don't you take a look at an unbiased sites forum views on that very subject....here you go just for you
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A55970661

alera said:
My point is, when your moving players there has to be something of value to the other side, it's all very well to offload your mistakes(don't get me wrong I would love it) but I believe TBH has 3 years left on his deal thats roughly 9.3m in wages. I'm guessing Portsmouth wouldn't be willing to pay more than 25k a week giving you a shortfall of 6m ish.

Yea fair enough. Going rate for a proven prem central defender is more like £30 - £40 k a week these days, my think was Distain is on £70k a week so a ready made replacement on half as much money, hes an international and will want to play every week (hopefully) so if we offer him 2 or 3 million up front to leave and play he might take it. It worked with Freddie L at West Ham.

Being honest is any players going to want to go to Pompey at the moment. There might be no club there in 6 months.
Thats a really good point, if your a player not sure how attractive a move would be there right now

i think city just need to put a deadline of tomorrow on this deal now and refuse to go above 20m, everton then either accept a bid tomorrow or they are stuck with an unhappy player who moyes has admitted is disrupting the dressing room!

stu mention another players medical records yesterday, he he hint who this may be?

royal_blue said:
Afternoon guys, Everton fan with a genuine question....i've watched from the sidelines on here for quite a while....i have read with interest that City have not done anything wrong with regards to the Lescott situation, every-one says it's Everton and especailly Moyes fault it has come to this by releasing information about what's going on......we all know it is illegal to approach a player or his agent before agreeing a fee with the selling team or being given permission to talk to the player before a fee is agreed....so my question is how come when this thread started on the 23 June did Tolmie post that Lescott appears to have been sounded out about a move and that his wage demands weren't excessive as i recall he even came up with the fee...by the way the first official bid was not tabled until the 16th July....

Oh and Alera you make me laugh so much, i actually think you believe everything you post and that's why it's so amusing....in answer to you saying every-one but Everton fans think that City are doing everything right and Moyes is doing everything wrong then why don't you take a look at an unbiased sites forum views on that very subject....here you go just for you
Welcome to the board ;-)) I have a simple question for you, would you say Mr Moyes has handled it well?

bluebean said:
i think city just need to put a deadline of tomorrow on this deal now and refuse to go above 20m, everton then either accept a bid tomorrow or they are stuck with an unhappy player who moyes has admitted is disrupting the dressing room!

stu mention another players medical records yesterday, he he hint who this may be?

No mate but im thinking it could be Bentley (i hope to god im wrong) but he did say it's no-one to get excited about!

royal_blue said:

royal blue im guessing you like the rest of us can only summise whats happening, facts are though everton released it to the media,..and a point i would like you to answer is if no means no and hes not for sale, why is moyes now talking to city,and he is he said as much yesterday.. secondly why hasnt informed you the fans hes speaking to us instead of sticking to this nonesense of no means no stance.. we all know for a fact it will be undisclosed when its finally done.. lescott wants away ,hes alone now by all accounts, and theres another point, he said not so long ago we cant sell as theres noone to cover,well obviously if you drop somoen u have to fill the void..this has gone on way too long now and nooone comes out smelling of roses..time its finished, as for tapping up when was bidding for a player ever illegal if you have proof hes been tapped up.. SHOW IT..

royal_blue said:

Welcome back DSOB.

Not very clever having a pop at a poster on your 1st or 2nd post is it!!!!

Oh and don't believe everything you read on an Internet forum.... Unless Moyes said it..

barryo said:
royal_blue said:

Welcome back DSOB.

Not very clever having a pop at a poster on your 1st or 2nd post is it!!!!

Oh and don't believe everything you read on an Internet forum.... Unless Moyes said it..

Gollum not Moyes pal...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.