Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest i don't think we can judge if he has or hasn't handled it right until it's all over, time will tell on that one.....what i do know is that all the other blues i know support him 100% for the stance he has taken as do the other teams fans i speak to.minus city fans of course...i do think ultimately we should sell we need the money....Moyes is one of a dying breed where he believes in certain values...i think what got up his nose as regards to Lescott was his attitude towards the fans and his team-mates wereby he showed complete lack of respect by not caring of any-one but himself.......i think Moyes respects professionalism and endeavour above anything....i mean he plays Phil Neville and Tony Hibbert every game for gods sake and the only thing they possess is that they normally give all they have to the team.

Question still applys though guys.......would you agree that Lescott was tapped up long ago and by default Man City are very naughty boys and girls?

barryo said:
royal_blue said:
Afternoon guys, Everton fan with a genuine question....i've watched from the sidelines on here for quite a while....i have read with interest that City have not done anything wrong with regards to the Lescott situation, every-one says it's Everton and especailly Moyes fault it has come to this by releasing information about what's going on......we all know it is illegal to approach a player or his agent before agreeing a fee with the selling team or being given permission to talk to the player before a fee is agreed....so my question is how come when this thread started on the 23 June did Tolmie post that Lescott appears to have been sounded out about a move and that his wage demands weren't excessive as i recall he even came up with the fee...by the way the first official bid was not tabled until the 16th July....

Oh and Alera you make me laugh so much, i actually think you believe everything you post and that's why it's so amusing....in answer to you saying every-one but Everton fans think that City are doing everything right and Moyes is doing everything wrong then why don't you take a look at an unbiased sites forum views on that very subject....here you go just for you
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A55970661
Welcome back DSOB.

Not very clever having a pop at a poster on your 1st or 2nd post is it!!!!

Oh and don't believe everything you read on an Internet forum.... Unless Moyes said it..

lol not very clever barryo.....i posted my first message on here weeks before DSOB was banned.....and if you ask the mods i'm sure they will verify different IP locations email address what have you....so no i'm not the legend that was DSOB

royal_blue said:
Afternoon guys, Everton fan with a genuine question....i've watched from the sidelines on here for quite a while....i have read with interest that City have not done anything wrong with regards to the Lescott situation, every-one says it's Everton and especailly Moyes fault it has come to this by releasing information about what's going on......we all know it is illegal to approach a player or his agent before agreeing a fee with the selling team or being given permission to talk to the player before a fee is agreed....so my question is how come when this thread started on the 23 June did Tolmie post that Lescott appears to have been sounded out about a move and that his wage demands weren't excessive as i recall he even came up with the fee...by the way the first official bid was not tabled until the 16th July....

Oh and Alera you make me laugh so much, i actually think you believe everything you post and that's why it's so amusing....in answer to you saying every-one but Everton fans think that City are doing everything right and Moyes is doing everything wrong then why don't you take a look at an unbiased sites forum views on that very subject....here you go just for you

Hi DSOB - long time no see. To answer your question, if there is a case to answer re: the player being 'tapped up', or illegally approached, surely Everton should start legal proceedings against City, citing their evidence for suspecting this has occurred. I should warn you, however, that Tolmie's original post, a couple of Red Top articles and a few speculative comments on SSN would not generally be admissable as evidence in any respectable court. I think, possibly, the more likely scenario is that Everton may suspect something has happened, but that they actually have no proof, therefore there is no case to answer. If there is no case to answer, then legally speaking City haven't done anything wrong.

Lets stick to the facts and avoid the unsubstantiated paranoid fantasies, eh - Everton have released all the information which has gone public through their website during this whole debacle - City as a club have remained quiet, and Mark Hughes has responded to questions from Journos about Lescott. Moyes started sniping from the offset, and through his arrogant, self-serving stance has created a situation which has proved to be extremely damaging to the club in whose interests he's supposed to be working. We, however, are doing just fine thanks.

royal_blue said:

Hello royal blue - I've just wasted 20 minutes of my life reading through that bbc thread, and apart from the occasional rag getting snippey, there's very little in there that condemns City for the approach... lots of applause for Moyes taking his stance, lots of pops at Lescott, but apart from that, not many condemnng City - one bright spark slagging off City for leaving it until the last minute which mde me laugh...as you say, the first offer went in on 16 July, that's over a month ago,and if Moyes had entered discussions without spitting his dummy we'd all be in a lot happier situation.

royal_blue said:
To be honest i don't think we can judge if he has or hasn't handled it right until it's all over, time will tell on that one.....what i do know is that all the other blues i know support him 100% for the stance he has taken as do the other teams fans i speak to.minus city fans of course...i do think ultimately we should sell we need the money....Moyes is one of a dying breed where he believes in certain values...i think what got up his nose as regards to Lescott was his attitude towards the fans and his team-mates wereby he showed complete lack of respect by not caring of any-one but himself.......i think Moyes respects professionalism and endeavour above anything....i mean he plays Phil Neville and Tony Hibbert every game for gods sake and the only thing they possess is that they normally give all they have to the team.

What you actually mean, is that Lescott wants a move, and isn't interested in Moyes' promises concerning the future of Everton compared to the future of City. So, does EVERY player who ever put in a transfer request become automatically selfish, or just ones that play for Everton?

Question still applys though guys.......would you agree that Lescott was tapped up long ago and by default Man City are very naughty boys and girls?

Nope, we've never spoken to him, even Moyes has said that.

royal_blue said:

nope, he was not tapped up. Sorry mate, but we've done nothing wrong in this transfer, i think you're trying to find something to have a go at us, and really, we've handled everything right and proper

like i said before royal blue.. PROVE we tapped him up and this is the moyes stance now is it? city tapped up my player? hes not for sale, ? so i will talk to them anyway? do you think we are complete idiots here or what? .you want facts you can have some...fact 1 you wont get 30 mill or anywhere near it.. fact 2 you wont get nedum, richards, in my opinion dunne either.. seriously why would they want to go to you after what youve done to lescott? and theres an old saying you might know.. WE pay some of jo`s wages so you could loan him,thats how bad a club we are.. DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU

Lets be honest the tapping up of players or privately asking their agents if the player would welcome a move goes on at all clubs and has done for years. The clubs who come under scrutiny are the big spenders because these transfers obviously attract more media attention. Have City done it, probably yes but don't expect any sympathy from us to other clubs because we have been the victims of tapping up in the past. How can any team be charged by the FA for tapping up after the Berbatov fiasco last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.