Lescott + more

Braggster said:
it sounds plausible, but as it's in a newspaper, it's probably bullshit.

(I am sure we ARE in for Lescott, mind, but they've probably only picked that up off Bluemoon)

Actually i'm pretty certain we're in for Forlan, the journalist who reported the Forlan bit is Alan Nixon who posts on a Blackburn Rovers forum, and his information is usually spot on. I've been reading his posts for over a year now and he's very reliable.

i smell a rat over forlan. don't ask why. ok, here's why. the - link has been brought up again. no way are we going for both forlan and tevez. too similair by half. so either we are covering our back over tevez (maybe), but it would also be a decent cover story if we were talking to athletico about another of their players.

Don't see why DF can't suceed in that\;

a) he's older , wiser, tougher now and is winning goal-scoring records (e.g. Euro Golden Boot Award)

b) he has some professional 'unfinished business' in the Prem

c) he may have every reason to want, in paticular , to get one over the rags ( cf Andy Cole, Blobby etc)

Manchester City zeroing in on Diego Forlan and Joleon Lescott

Manchester City are trying to push through the £20million signing of Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan – and will make a £10m move for Everton’s Joleon Lescott.

City have refused to take ‘no' for an answer from Forlan's club and will send a delegation to the Spanish capital to see if they can find a way of landing the former Manchester United cult hero.

The Uruguayan finished the campaign as La Liga’s leading scorer and he would love to come back to the Premier League – despite firing Atletico into the Champions League almost single-handedly in the last few weeks.

City have been tracking Forlan for months, trying swap deals and lately making cash offers.

He is City's No.1 target for the central striker vacancy in their side for next season, ahead of Blackburn’s injury-hit forward Roque Santa Cruz.

Hughes is an admirer of Forlan's tireless style as well as the finishing skills he has honed in his years at Atletico and Villarreal after a less-than-impressive time at United.

Forlan is willing to talk and his agents also know that City are now offering big wages which would give him an ideal final move at the age of 30. So it is down to agreeing the fee with Atletico.

City know they can go back for Paraguay striker Santa Cruz if the Forlan mission fails. They do not want to meet Blackburn’s £20m price tag and think they can get him for less.

Hughes has also identified Lescott as his next defensive target, and believes the England defender is ready to quit Goodison Park.

Lescott, 26, joined Everton for £5m three years ago. But City believe their ambitious plans and big spending power can help turn them into a force in the Premier League – and attract big-name players.

Gareth Barry has already left Aston Villa for City for £12m.

Just seen on SSN...Lescott has committed his future to Everton.... am only passing on what report said.

samharris said:
Just seen on SSN...Lescott has committed his future to Everton.... am only passing on what report said.
i dont belive a word that ssn say unless i see the person ie lescott saying it on tv. Clubs have a way of telling press the player has said this and that just my opinoin.

They're only reporting what he said yesterday, which was a bit thin on actual commitment. However, who knows how his mind works? I'm sure he's interested to hear what we've got to say, but it doesn't mean that he definitely wants out of Everton.

In any case, we all know what a footballer's 'commitment' is worth, eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.