Lescott or Cunningham

Dhenry said:
fallowfield said:
think you've got your answer OP.
Amazingly everyone thinks the experienced prem player, English international etc should play in front of some kid you've never even seen play.

Another pointless BM guess/post

I've seen Cunningham play quite a few times, and not seen him do a bad job once:).

I just found myself frustrated today about Lescotts unwillingness to provide width or overlapping. In the modern game, that's things you need from your full back. I'm still sticking by my statement that in cup games, Cunningham should be ahead of Lescott in the picking order.

You must have been watching a completely different pre-season to me. Awful positional sense, inability to tackle or even competently defend in any way shape or form, personally I believe him to be the worst player on the books and we've got Patrick Viera.

Dhenry said:
Now I am not a person to bash our own players - they have my wholehearted support. That's not what this thread is about.

What this is about is that Lescott is not a left-back, and yesterday's game proved it. He was reluctant to run into space infront of him - opting for simple passes instead; failed to make any good crosses; drifted way too much inward in defensive situations.

He's a centre back, and I think we would've been more dangerous and solid had we had the young lad Cunningham starting instead.

It's a big ask for him to be picked against Liverpool, but at least I would rather have a fullback (i.e. Zabaleta) there instead of Lescott. And definitely play him for the home leg.

Do people after yesterday still think that Lescott could do us a job at left back?

Sometimes wonder if people actually watch the games or just comment anyway. Lescott had a very comfortable professional display last night. He was most potent for Everton in this position and we havent given him a chance. Cunningham is an up and coming talent no doubt but its crazy to compare the two. I hope Lescott sets himself up in this position and Kolarov and himself fight over it all season.

schumey04 said:
Dhenry said:
Now I am not a person to bash our own players - they have my wholehearted support. That's not what this thread is about.

What this is about is that Lescott is not a left-back, and yesterday's game proved it. He was reluctant to run into space infront of him - opting for simple passes instead; failed to make any good crosses; drifted way too much inward in defensive situations.

He's a centre back, and I think we would've been more dangerous and solid had we had the young lad Cunningham starting instead.

It's a big ask for him to be picked against Liverpool, but at least I would rather have a fullback (i.e. Zabaleta) there instead of Lescott. And definitely play him for the home leg.

Do people after yesterday still think that Lescott could do us a job at left back?

Sometimes wonder if people actually watch the games or just comment anyway.

You know what, so do I :)

Mr Rich said:
Dhenry said:
I've seen Cunningham play quite a few times, and not seen him do a bad job once:).

I just found myself frustrated today about Lescotts unwillingness to provide width or overlapping. In the modern game, that's things you need from your full back. I'm still sticking by my statement that in cup games, Cunningham should be ahead of Lescott in the picking order.

You must have been watching a completely different pre-season to me. Awful positional sense, inability to tackle or even competently defend in any way shape or form, personally I believe him to be the worst player on the books and we've got Patrick Viera.

I agree with this

IMO he played very well. Don't know what all the fuss is about. As far as I am concerned unless Kolorov or Boetang are fit that back four looked very stable and accomplished and with time I can see interchanging between Lescott and Kompany on the left just as much as Boetang and Toure on the right.

Dhenry said:
fallowfield said:
think you've got your answer OP.
Amazingly everyone thinks the experienced prem player, English international etc should play in front of some kid you've never even seen play.

Another pointless BM guess/post

Mate, I think you'll find that Lescott's manager would be cutting his balls off if away from home, in a European tie, he was bombing forward and leaving huge gaps in behind...

Lets see how Lescott does on Monday at home against the red scouse before we consign him to the bin....

Cunningham will get his chance...

Dhenry said:

I thought Lescott was excellent last night , to be honest ....... sure he did the simple things , but he did them well , and he worked his socks off ........... and i haven't seen enough of young Cunningham to really judge on this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.