Lescott today...

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Been our best defender this season made a bad mistake tonight but that's it. The own goal V Liverpool could have happened to anyone. Issue is when he first came he wasn't performing well and people are waiting for that one moment to jump on his back again
Couldn't more with this, apart from one mistake he was our best defebder tonight.

I think our CBs have been at fault for slowing our game down. They hold the ball for too long and just pass it between themselves. This is why de jong needs to play, he will come close to get the ball and get it moving quickly. Toure failed to do this tonight

mansour's tow ropes said:
I think our CBs have been at fault for slowing our game down. They hold the ball for too long and just pass it between themselves. This is why de jong needs to play, he will come close to get the ball and get it moving quickly. Toure failed to do this tonight
This is ridiculous. De Jong was part of the slowdown problem last season. The CD's (Lescott in particular) just doesn't like taking risks so he'd rather go to Clichy or Lescott, unless Yaya comes to get it. Which Yaya does, WAY more often than Nigel ever did last season.

Lets stop reinventing history.

Dax777 said:
I really hate when a player is deemed to have had a bad game because one incident caused a goal :X

Lescott was no different in this game than he has been in any other. He tackles hard, is often terrible in possession, and he is first to balls in the air. That is Lescott in a nutshell. Every now and then he wil do something out of the norm, like dribble or make a long pass. But by and large he does the same thing game in game out.

I personally think City needs a ballplaying CD out of the back, like Vertoghen, who can break the conjection in the middle with some vision, but that is just me. Lescott in my opinion does what he does well. And he did that today. The ball hit his hand from 4-5 yards out, as he tried to close the shooter down. I am not gonna judge his whole game on that. That was unfortunate sat best.

I still think Vartonghen is the answer, but I am not gonna bad mouth Lescott for a Mistake that would have happened to Thiago SIlva (or whoever you think is the best CD today).

After the first 25 minutes, everyone bar Zabaletta and Balotelli became pretty poor. Komps was jittery, Clichy was out of sync, Lescott was uncomfortable, Yaya was lazy on the first goal and got into that whine at the referee for fouling shit again. Barry's sweet passes, evaded him (thumped like 4 to no one) Milner was making mistakes all over the place, Silva was uninfluential and was totally outplayed by Mata, and Aguero could not smell the ball.

So focusing on Lescott is a bit rich. They all looked poor after the Barca like first 35 minutes. We have seen this way too often, and it is time Mancini tries to figure out what the fuck is going on after 30 minutes!

Great analysis.
It is clear that the OP has an issue with Lescott The penalty award was harsh and his arms were not raised, they were is a natural position its all part of bio mechanics, and as stated from 4 yards the ball blasted it was ball to hand Clattenburg couldnt wait to give the pen unlike the one in the first half that he bottled

MSP said:
BOBBYISOURLEADER said:
Op you couldn't be more wrong. Been by far and away better than kompany this campaign.

THIS

Kompany is the biggest disappointment of this season
Agree and people need to take the blinkers off and see this. His head seems to have gone. There are stupid, avoidable yellow card fouls every game and he's been very lucky to finish a few games.

Prior to theft penalty he was our best defender last night. There was not a lot he could have done he was throwing himself for a block it was unfortunate as it didn't even hit his leading ARM. Clichy cost us last night raped by sturridge and then Shit challenge on ramires. Clichy is better than those two errors. Hart barely had a save to make in thrashing game we were unlucky no need to panic buy defenders

I believed even if his hands did not touch the ball, Hart couldn't have made the save, the ball would have went in.

This is very very harsh! Lescott has been better than Kompany all season, and was last night, but because he's a bit of a fans favourite and is now the captain he gets away with not getting any criticism that he actually deserves. The long balls from Kompany last night were very poor and his constant, annoying, immature diving-in in every game is getting on my tits - yet there's a thread about Joleon, really? come on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.