Lescott today...

Been superb all season and them two goals at Anfield and last night were definitely just unlucky.The Anfield one anyone would try and block the ball he could not know what was behind him.As for the one last night he threw himself at it like any defender would.That twat Terry has done the same thing at that ground many times but the ref has not gave a penalty.What was less forgiveable last night was Kompany diving in when on a booking that could and should have seen him sent off.

Glad to see people who look to call the player that has been our best centre half all season don't miss a chance to do so now.Just a shame it's pure nonsense though.

prairiemoon said:
Two games in a row that is(oops, forgot Norwich) I can just about forgive the own goal, but raising his arms like he did today? That's not forgivable, imo.

These are always given as penalties these days but what the fuck is he supposed to do with his arms as he's stretching? If you've played the game you realise that there was no intent to handle the ball at all. It should never be given as a penalty. They are always given so I don't think the ref had any choice but the rules are wrong. There should be intent.

Apart from the handball he was our best player again last night. Defenders make tackles blocks etc all game in the area there gonna handball it a times, get a grip ffs. Have any of you lot ever played football before?

Anyone that watches City regularly knows that Lescott has limitations against the top teams.

He is a superb header of the ball and good at timing tackles but he is uncomfortable and unnatural with the ball at his feet. He can make a short pass, particularly sideways or backwards, but gives the ball away too often with anything else.

AVB revealed in his sky post match interview that he had targeted our central defenders who could be "unsteady" and they could "nick the ball".

I like Lescott as a character and personality and he has enough talent for most PL games but the higher the level we play the more we will need world class players for the big games.

I thought Villa-Boas' comments in the post-match interview were very revealing.

He basically said that they were confident enough to allow Kompany and Lescott the ball and they would start to hit long passes and waste possession if the lines were more compact.

We all know Lescott is dodgy, albeit improved, but for me, Kompany is shocking both in the air and on the deck and has been all season.

I also think he contributes to the number of cards we pick up.

Plain Speaking said:
Anyone that watches City regularly knows that Lescott has limitations against the top teams.

He is a superb header of the ball and good at timing tackles but he is uncomfortable and unnatural with the ball at his feet. He can make a short pass, particularly sideways or backwards, but gives the ball away too often with anything else.

AVB revealed in his sky post match interview that he had targeted our central defenders who could be "unsteady" and they could "nick the ball".

I like Lescott as a character and personality and he has enough talent for most PL games but the higher the level we play the more we will need world class players for the big games.

Not sure what you mean about him giving the ball away.

Impeccable said:
Plain Speaking said:

Not sure what you mean about him giving the ball away.
He passes the ball inaccurately when under pressure or trying anything other than a "short pass", frequently such passes go to the opposition.

A few of our players hit some awful long balls in that game actually. Barry and Kompany were the main culprits. So frustrating when they just smash it down field and it goes straight to Cech, what's the point really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.