Lescott

I wish people would quit using the term, "scapegoat" - we are just discussing a particular City player and whether he is good enough.

I don't rate him, too slow, and contrary to belief he is certainly not "great in the air" - yet to see him dominate any decent opposition centre forward.

If Chelsea really are interested then I would rip their arm off.

He seems like a popular member of the squad. Got a great reaction when he scored the other week and Vieira gave him a big smile when he scored on Tuesday.

Go easy on the guy he never gets a consistant run of games, but saying that probley never will.

Im just grateful he doesnt spout on to the media

Blue Mooner said:
Sorry not read all the threads but its the usual short termism lets pick out some negative facts and make a case against a particular player.

There always has to be a fall guy or someone to target with City fans but people seem to forget this is a team game.

Granted in the last few games we have conceded a few more goals which appears to have tied in with Lescotts appearances, but to be fair there is only one for which you can attribute directly to Lescott and that was the penalty against Wolves for which I personally feel was a little harsh.

One of the goals against Wolves was conceded whilst Lecott wasn't even on the pitch and you couldn't blame him for the two against Leicester away. The 2nd for Leicester at home was offside and shouldn't have resulted in a goal, the other was a penalty which was a supposed 'foul' by Viera.

He has been noweher near as bad as some on here try to make out but I still think we haven't seen the best of him (which is an exciting thought) The lad just needs to regain his confidence and show the form that meant Everton had one of the meanest defences and to be fair Everton haven't been the same team since his departure.

Just give the lad your support.

At last! A bit of sense. This thread is like reading ragcafe.

Swordfish7 said:
Blue Mooner said:
Sorry not read all the threads but its the usual short termism lets pick out some negative facts and make a case against a particular player.

There always has to be a fall guy or someone to target with City fans but people seem to forget this is a team game.

Granted in the last few games we have conceded a few more goals which appears to have tied in with Lescotts appearances, but to be fair there is only one for which you can attribute directly to Lescott and that was the penalty against Wolves for which I personally feel was a little harsh.

One of the goals against Wolves was conceded whilst Lecott wasn't even on the pitch and you couldn't blame him for the two against Leicester away. The 2nd for Leicester at home was offside and shouldn't have resulted in a goal, the other was a penalty which was a supposed 'foul' by Viera.

He has been noweher near as bad as some on here try to make out but I still think we haven't seen the best of him (which is an exciting thought) The lad just needs to regain his confidence and show the form that meant Everton had one of the meanest defences and to be fair Everton haven't been the same team since his departure.

Just give the lad your support.

At last! A bit of sense. This thread is like reading ragcafe.

Seconded

There's a reason he was at everton rather than a top club, he never has been and never will be top class, it's that simple. £20odd million to replace Dunne with a player of the same standard, not in any way Lescott's fault but we got mugged big time.

sweep said:
There's a reason he was at everton rather than a top club, he never has been and never will be top class, it's that simple. £20odd million to replace Dunne with a player of the same standard, not in any way Lescott's fault but we got mugged big time.

The moral of the story?

Stop overpaying & buying players like RSC & Lescott.

NewbBlue said:
Has proven we need a quality backup CB. That giveaway near the end, what was he thinking?

Only problem being he is one of our 'english' players so is needed in the squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.