Lescott

I've defended Lescott enough times, Not his fault Hughes paid stupidly over the odds for him. He puts his all in and seems a good lad but he's just not good enough i'm afraid. Very clumsy and uncomfortable on the ball and lacks the pace we need. Great in the air mind. Mancini really needs to get somebody in this window. An injury to vince, god forbid, would leave us royally screwed at the back. Luiz is available and sounds like he can be the perfect partner for vince and still young so will only improve.

Marvin said:
zeven said:
He is not good enough. hes not very good with the ball, he is slow as fuck. very average to say at least.
He's not slow at all. Maybe against that diver Dyer, but then he'd out run anybody

He did well in the air tonight winning a lot of crosses but that's ignored.

Well it's hard to claim he's not slow when SWP teased him about it on Soccer AM and all he could say was he makes up for it by reading the game well.

There's an answer to all of our cb needs, and its right under our nose, and we need to start using him before he goes to chelski.

What are the qualities that we have said we need in a new cb? strength, speed, athleticism in the air, good header of the ball, and not careless in possession.

the answer to our problems is micah richards. not as fullback, but as vinnie's long-term central defensive partner.

Do we really need to get rid of everyone as soon as they hit a bad patch of form? I thought he had a couple of months last season where he had a good understanding with Kompany? He'll get back to his best. I'm glad Bobby isn't as short sighted as you lot.

He's not the greatest defender I've ever seen but he's not that bad.

A few dodgy games doesn't mean he's over. Towards the end of last season he was looking good and the majority on here were convinced that Lescott/Kompany was the best pairing at the back.

He's a more than capable squad player for the time being plus you have to remember that it's not the easiest thing in the world to not play for weeks on end and then find yourself needing a decent run in the side to find any sort of form.

I expect Mancini will be overhauling the defence in the summer but until then I'm content with Lescott and his status at the club.

TheMightyQuinn said:
He's not the greatest defender I've ever seen but he's not that bad.

A few dodgy games doesn't mean he's over. Towards the end of last season he was looking good and the majority on here were convinced that Lescott/Kompany was the best pairing at the back.

He's a more than capable squad player for the time being plus you have to remember that it's not the easiest thing in the world to not play for weeks on end and then find yourself needing a decent run in the side to find any sort of form.

I expect Mancini will be overhauling the defence in the summer but until then I'm content with Lescott and his status at the club.
aaah, that's better, now relax everyone.

P.S.
that Ramos story is bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.