Lescott

We don't need anther centre back.

Worst case scenario and we have Jerome or Micah filling in, even Zabba at a push.

It's clearly, he's really not comfortable in Mancini's passing-from-the-back tactic. Opposition player can just press and mark down Kompany all the time then our passing game from the back will collapse right away, because Lescott has no one available to make short pass to, and he has no idea whatsoever to carry the ball up field to find that passing space by himself, so only two options for him are, hoof it up, or return to Hart and let Hart hoof the ball up for him instead! This doesn't mean we should get rid of him, because I think Lescott can still be very useful as a squad player, and he might turn up well sometime when using old-fashion/Jurassic/direct tactic like 4-4-2 too.

dont know bout you lot but my stomach churns everytime he has the ball and i have the feeling his does to.

slow and very nervous on the ball and telegraphs every pass he makes.Also think vc neglects his own job covering for him sometimes.
His heading is his strength but the top 6 teams dont really play long ball so hes fucked. Just not city standard and he will cost us if we dont sort it quick!

i have tried defending this lad for some time(new to club/time to bed in/injuries etc),but i ran out of excuses after last night....he,s slow-getting outjumped by much smaller players-bullied by a veteran forward(steve howard) and really alarming is his total panic with the ball at his feet.....i,d have given boyata the nod last night, and in future, over jolean.....sorry mate, you,re just not up to it...

According to the Mail.... Chelsea want him if Luiz falls through.....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1348733/Chelsea-make-Joleon-Lescott-second-choice-David-Luiz-proves-expensive.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nsive.html</a>

Chelsea have earmarked Manchester City's Joleon Lescott as an alternative if they fail to prise David Luiz from Benfica.
The Premier League champions are determined to bring in a centre half and have so far made bids of £17m and £21m plus Paulo Ferreira for 23-year-old Luiz yet Benfica insist they want at least £26m or the deal is off.
Manchester City offered a similar amount last season but still failed to land the Brazilian as Benfica demanded £35m and Chelsea are wary of being dragged into a saga should they match the demands.

However, owner Roman Abramovich has long been aware of the qualities Luiz could bring to his ailing squad and is eager to give it one last shot.
Carlo Ancelotti has drawn up a shortlist of five possible centre halves which is also understood to include Wolfsburg's Simon Kjaer, Bolton's Gary Cahill and Lazio's Stefan Radu.
However, left-sided Lescott fits the profile of what they want should a deal for Luiz fail.
Chelsea would only want to offer around £8.5million for the 28-year-old England international as they are wary of his knee problems.

City would want more for a player they spent £22m on barely 18 months ago but are keen to start recouping some hard cash for their fringe players.

Sorry not read all the threads but its the usual short termism lets pick out some negative facts and make a case against a particular player.

There always has to be a fall guy or someone to target with City fans but people seem to forget this is a team game.

Granted in the last few games we have conceded a few more goals which appears to have tied in with Lescotts appearances, but to be fair there is only one for which you can attribute directly to Lescott and that was the penalty against Wolves for which I personally feel was a little harsh.

One of the goals against Wolves was conceded whilst Lecott wasn't even on the pitch and you couldn't blame him for the two against Leicester away. The 2nd for Leicester at home was offside and shouldn't have resulted in a goal, the other was a penalty which was a supposed 'foul' by Viera.

He has been noweher near as bad as some on here try to make out but I still think we haven't seen the best of him (which is an exciting thought) The lad just needs to regain his confidence and show the form that meant Everton had one of the meanest defences and to be fair Everton haven't been the same team since his departure.

Just give the lad your support.

I'd stick with him There's plenty of potential there, we just need to give him a chance. A couple of mistakes recently, but he's good enough for our squad.

Blue Mooner said:
Sorry not read all the threads but its the usual short termism lets pick out some negative facts and make a case against a particular player.

There always has to be a fall guy or someone to target with City fans but people seem to forget this is a team game.

Granted in the last few games we have conceded a few more goals which appears to have tied in with Lescotts appearances, but to be fair there is only one for which you can attribute directly to Lescott and that was the penalty against Wolves for which I personally feel was a little harsh.

One of the goals against Wolves was conceded whilst Lecott wasn't even on the pitch and you couldn't blame him for the two against Leicester away. The 2nd for Leicester at home was offside and shouldn't have resulted in a goal, the other was a penalty which was a supposed 'foul' by Viera.

He has been noweher near as bad as some on here try to make out but I still think we haven't seen the best of him (which is an exciting thought) The lad just needs to regain his confidence and show the form that meant Everton had one of the meanest defences and to be fair Everton haven't been the same team since his departure.

The best post i have seen in a long time mate, and i totally agree.

Everyone seems to look for a scape goat, and at present its Lescott for some strange reason. Not only has he played a lot better than some are suggesting, but he has been in and out of the side and not been able to get any sort of consistency.

I prefer Lescott to Kolo (But Kolo started off to a flier, so you couldn't drop him) and think his is all round better player. Give him games and let him get the game time he needs.

Blue Mooner said:
The lad just needs to regain his confidence and show the form that meant Everton had one of the meanest defences and to be fair Everton haven't been the same team since his departure.

Was he not playing leftback in that defence,Yobo and Jagielka being the centre halves?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.