Lescott

spurspinter1 said:
He had a good performance for sure, but at times he does seem a bit uneasy on the ball at times. That'd be my only criticism.

But he gave the ball away maybe once while "man of the match" Parker gave it away 7 or 8 times by my count. Parker broke up play brilliantly but when he had the ball after that wasted it time and time again, hence my objection with him being MotM. He had a good 7/10 performance but he was given MotM because he got stuck in and ran a lot, the two most important things for English pundits. He had a De Jong type performance without the composure that follows the tackle that is important in retaining possession. Lescott played with an intelligence you don't often see in English players.

LoveCity said:
spurspinter1 said:
He had a good performance for sure, but at times he does seem a bit uneasy on the ball at times. That'd be my only criticism.

But he gave the ball away maybe once while "man of the match" Parker gave it away 7 or 8 times by my count. Parker broke up play brilliantly but when he had the ball after that wasted it time and time again, hence my objection with him being MotM. He had a good 7/10 performance but he was given MotM because he got stuck in and ran a lot, the two most important things for English pundits. Lescott played with an intelligence you don't often see in English players.

But this isn't a Parker thread? Not always a competition.

spurspinter1 said:

Pretty well evryone in the team looked uneasy on the ball in that team.He is a defender and defended superbly

Parker played well and ran his heart out but for concentration and a much more critical and important role I would have given it to Lescott. Well done to the whole team though. I do not believe anyone thought they could win. And no there is no such thing as a friendly.

Does anyone think our 5 lads that played some part might say something to Merlin next time they see him.

J Bomb has been great consistently since January. First part of his city career was hampered by injury, but he has kept himself fit and really come on under the guidance of Mancini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.