Lescott

Lescot was consistently MOTM for 90mins Parker was outstanding for the last 20mins he was in the pitch

LoveCity said:
spurspinter1 said:
He had a good performance for sure, but at times he does seem a bit uneasy on the ball at times. That'd be my only criticism.

But he gave the ball away maybe once while "man of the match" Parker gave it away 7 or 8 times by my count. Parker broke up play brilliantly but when he had the ball after that wasted it time and time again, hence my objection with him being MotM. He had a good 7/10 performance but he was given MotM because he got stuck in and ran a lot, the two most important things for English pundits. He had a De Jong type performance without the composure that follows the tackle that is important in retaining possession. Lescott played with an intelligence you don't often see in English players.
Totally agree, Parker did well winning the ball but that's not much good if you promptly give it back. Lescott gave a master class in defending, his judgement of when to come out and challenge was perfect, especially in the first half when Spain were playing the 1-2s around the edge of the box.

Yeah, Joeleon really surprised me tonight. I had him down as being in the 'great back up player echelon.' Despite this, Either him or parker being selected for MOTM is fully justifiable to me.

Also, the way Capello operates his full backs, I'm surprised people don't see why Micah isn't being selected. This isn't to say he's bad; I think he's excellent. He just simply wouldn't fit there in terms of the way he plays! In time....

Danny Welbeck was horrible. Makes me really appreciated the depth in our striker selection. Every touch he got on his chest lost possession. Only his pace was up to scratch against a languidly slow Pique.

Joleon is getting better and better, left out against Munich and look what happened. I thought against Wolves he was immense and wondered how he would cope against a team that pass their way through teams, well he was superb and i am now starting to believe that we will win the title this time.

Lescott was excellent and so was his mate Jagielka. Parker gave the Ball away a lot in the first half but got stuck in which is what the pundits want.

Parker hardly ever give the ball away and was one of the few that got us passing it until Hart lumped it up. There was a short period in the second half where he could have passed to Lescott and a misunderstanding with either Bent/Welbeck, but other than that, he had a game where he held his own against the best midfield of all time.

Lescott was brilliant as well, but Parker was MotM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.