Lescott

spurspinter1 said:
He had a good performance for sure, but at times he does seem a bit uneasy on the ball at times. That'd be my only criticism.
I'd have him over Dawson, easily. Your lad was like a rabbit in the headlights when we played you ''down the Lane''. During this calendar year it would be a close call between Joleon and Micah as to who our most improved player is.

This is why I say we should buy a cheap backup for Kompany and Lescott. Lescott isn't flashy but doesn't need to be replaced FFS, he has performed really well and it's a shame for him that people would want him replaced.

Lescott was head and shoulders above any other England player for Man of the Match.

Parker had a decent 15 minutes or so but, other than that, was relatively poor, especially with his distribution. Lampard was better than Parker, albeit undertaking a slightly different role than he will be used to. Jones was a fish out of water and merely ran after shadows.

Well played Joleon - I'm glad you are a City player.

Parker didn't look poor to me. He thrives in that type of anti-football setup where he can use his workrate and tackling. It's only when England are trying to get forward that he has less influence.

To me, he should be a solid starter. Time to give a new group of England players a chance.

His anticipation tonight was incredible. How many times did you hear "And Lescott clears it" or "And Lescott cuts it out".. ALL bloody game. Still looks far too uneasy with the ball at his feet for a footballer but did exceptional tonight, can take a fully deserved bow.

lescott quality for club and country.. yet still does not get the praise he deserves.

Lescott was superb. Man of the match. Parker was good and was the second best player on the night but he plays for Tottenham so he got a few extra points off the panel for that. As usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.