Lescott

baildon blue said:
That was non story by sky saying Fulham aren't buying Lescott . What was point of reporting that . Another daft story Man United want him on loan .

Last night it was nailed on Ronaldinhio was on his way to Turkey.

Today he resigns for his current club.

Same with all press stories , only passing on info or making up info that they have heard or want the audience to hear.

With Lescott like all players on their last contract the stories all of them wide of the mark and irrelevant will be bandied around.

He has said he would like to stay and probably if it was his choice would want to play out the rest of his career as City and why wouldn't he.

But he is at the age where he needs to play as regularly as possible , he is still good enough for the premiership and will most likely want to keep his young family in England .

Unless we have a long term quality centre back lined up already to step straight into the starting eleven in January it would serve no purpose whatsoever for us to loan him out for 6 months.

As for his chances for Brazil , even if he had played as many games as possible for City this season he still wouldn't be higher up the pecking order than he is now.

He will have to rely on a few injuries to get a gig , he knows that and thats all she wrote.

mancity111 said:
baildon blue said:
That was non story by sky saying Fulham aren't buying Lescott . What was point of reporting that . Another daft story Man United want him on loan .

Same with all press stories , only passing on info or making up info that they have heard or want the audience to hear.

With Lescott like all players on their last contract the stories all of them wide of the mark and irrelevant will be bandied around.

He has said he would like to stay and probably if it was his choice would want to play out the rest of his career as City and why wouldn't he.

But he is at the age where he needs to play as regularly as possible , he is still good enough for the premiership and will most likely want to keep his young family in England .

Unless we have a long term quality centre back lined up already to step straight into the starting eleven in January it would serve no purpose whatsoever for us to loan him out for 6 months.

As for his chances for Brazil , even if he had played as many games as possible for City this season he still wouldn't be higher up the pecking order than he is now.

He will have to rely on a few injuries to get a gig , he knows that and thats all she wrote.

I'm pretty sure that he would stay if they offered him a new deal. Unless he had an offer of regular football from a top side.

He was once again better than Kompany defensively v West Ham, as he often is. Just quietly does his job of stopping the opposition & giving the ball to our midfield, whilst others charge around trying to win glory tackles & dribble round opposing attackers, then give the ball away & fall over.

For some reason people don't rate him no matter how well he plays. If Kompany gives the ball away ten times or misses ten tackles, nobody cares. Lescott does it once & there are 20 comments on how shit he is.

The two together are easily the best central pairing in the country, but for some reason we regularly replace Lescott with vastly inferior players.

Signing a world class young central defender would be a fantastic move. As would be keeping Lescott to compete with Nastasic as his backup, or short term replacement if he doesn't settle well. Then make Nastasic actually earn a City shirt by his performances, rather than just giving him a shirt for being 'young' & 'promising'.

Neville Kneville said:
mancity111 said:
baildon blue said:

I'm pretty sure that he would stay if they offered him a new deal. Unless he had an offer of regular football from a top side.

He was once again better than Kompany defensively v West Ham, as he often is. Just quietly does his job of stopping the opposition & giving the ball to our midfield, whilst others charge around trying to win glory tackles & dribble round opposing attackers, then give the ball away & fall over.

For some reason people don't rate him no matter how well he plays. If Kompany gives the ball away ten times or misses ten tackles, nobody cares. Lescott does it once & there are 20 comments on how shit he is.

The two together are easily the best central pairing in the country, but for some reason we regularly replace Lescott with vastly inferior players.

Signing a world class young central defender would be a fantastic move. As would be keeping Lescott to compete with Nastasic as his backup, or short term replacement if he doesn't settle well. Then make Nastasic actually earn a City shirt by his performances, rather than just giving him a shirt for being 'young' & 'promising'.

Decent points and shared by a lot more city supporters and objective onlookers that see the value of Lescott to us than some mooners would have you think.

Point is we don't lose often when Lescott is playing for us and while its probably not appropriate to single a player out for such a discussion , he shouldn't leave us this season in my opinion , it would be an error of judgement just as it was to let Barry out.

The flip side is his own situation , his thoughts on whats best for the rest of his career and his England chances.

Personally I think Hodgson is smart enough to rate him where he believes he sits irrespective of where he is playing and how often.

I think he doesn't fit into the England plans in Brazil and beyond unless injuries to others dictate.

I don't buy this unless I am playing every game I damage my chances of playing for England and I don't think that's in Lescotts mindset either.

Maybe Gareth thought he would be restricted to the cups and the odd game off the bench due to the competition for his place and maybe MP didn't rate him that highly as well but I think MP knows how important Lescott is to City and it will take a better player most likely much younger to be drafted into the starting eleven in January if he to leave before seasons end and I cannot see that happening.

I believe the only way Lescott will leave is if we sell him for a nominal fee and the club buying are prepared to offer him a longer term contract therefore giving him extra security. I can't see the benefit to anyone if he is loaned out and don't think he would have more chance playing in the world cup no matter where he goes.

onceabluealways said:
I believe the only way Lescott will leave is if we sell him for a nominal fee and the club buying are prepared to offer him a longer term contract therefore giving him extra security. I can't see the benefit to anyone if he is loaned out and don't think he would have more chance playing in the world cup no matter where he goes.

Which is why it makes sense to keep him on board.

Of all the defenders he has the best record injury wise this season.

Yes you can say it will hit everybody at some stage but really from our prospective which is the only way to look at it we have far more reason to keep him then sell him/loan him in January.

We won't get the defender we need in January for next season so we would be silly to off load him.

He could be part of something special this season to put on his CV and give him a lot more currency and as you say leaving us in January would if anything lessen his chances even further of getting on the plane to Brazil.

Even if he wants to go in January and their is no indication from the player he does we should say no.

Letting Barry go in my opinion was a mistake , letting Lescott go in January may turn out to be even a bigger one.

The only thing that concerns me a bit is that despite MP saying no one will leave in January the door seems to be left ajar reading between the lines.

Our squad is nowhere near as deep as some think.

mancity111 said:
plongo said:
Hearing of a bid by Villa

Couldn't afford his salary.

He won't take a 50 per cent pay cut in the unlikely event that he gets on the plane to Brazil.

More chance of that if he stays at City and he knows it.

Like Barry and Toure will go on a free next season.
Huh?

Interesting to see that City not prepared to release Lescott until 20th.

Is this to do with delays in getting a replacement signed?

Wonder what/if we would receive a fee for Lescott.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.