Lescott

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfer-news-joleon-2998653

Now Fulham target transfer of Manchester City's Joleon Lescott on loan to help relegation fight

England defender who's also been linked with West Ham as well as Spurs, Aston Villa and Turkey's Besiktas is wanted to help the Cottagers stay up

Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen has joined the battle to sign Joleon Lescott.

West Ham and Turkish club Besiktas are also keen on the out-of-favour Manchester City defender, who's been linked with Tottenham and Aston Villa, too.

But Fulham have also registered their interest in the England centre-half, who the Blues could allow to move on loan in January.

The west Londoners are keen to strengthen their leaky back-line, and see Lescott's pace and experience as being valuable in their struggle against relegation.

BlueDejong said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfer-news-joleon-2998653

Now Fulham target transfer of Manchester City's Joleon Lescott on loan to help relegation fight

England defender who's also been linked with West Ham as well as Spurs, Aston Villa and Turkey's Besiktas is wanted to help the Cottagers stay up

Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen has joined the battle to sign Joleon Lescott.

West Ham and Turkish club Besiktas are also keen on the out-of-favour Manchester City defender, who's been linked with Tottenham and Aston Villa, too.

But Fulham have also registered their interest in the England centre-half, who the Blues could allow to move on loan in January.

The west Londoners are keen to strengthen their leaky back-line, and see Lescott's pace and experience as being valuable in their struggle against relegation.
Really??? No wonder Fulham are struggling, it's been a long time since our Joleon's had pace.

Rekik keeps cropping up in thread after thread, yet imo when he was at City, he was nowhere near as good as the central defenders currently playing in the EDS or U18s, who unfortunately are not yet physically up to the Premier standard but neither is Rekik, he would barely win any headers v any decent Premier League strikers & he is much slower & not as good a footballer as the kids we have.

Why anyone expects him to take Lescott's position next season is beyond me. A title winning centre back, swapped for a kid who found Utd & Liverpool reserves to much of a task.

If Lescott is leaving, we want a real top class replacement, otherwise keep him.

If Rekik is to make it one day then great, can't see it myself but will be happy if I'm wrong, but next season, replacing Lescott ?

Absolute Joke idea.

Neville Kneville said:
Rekik keeps cropping up in thread after thread, yet imo when he was at City, he was nowhere near as good as the central defenders currently playing in the EDS or U18s, who unfortunately are not yet physically up to the Premier standard but neither is Rekik, he would barely win any headers v any decent Premier League strikers & he is much slower & not as good a footballer as the kids we have.

Why anyone expects him to take Lescott's position next season is beyond me. A title winning centre back, swapped for a kid who found Utd & Liverpool reserves to much of a task.

If Lescott is leaving, we want a real top class replacement, otherwise keep him.

If Rekik is to make it one day then great, can't see it myself but will be happy if I'm wrong, but next season, replacing Lescott ?

Absolute Joke idea.

Agree about Lescott replacement , he will leave in the summer but with all due respect to Martin D he will only be back up nest season.

The next centreback has to be better than Nasty is who perhaps through a combination of injury and the so called second year blues hasn't played to the level this season as he did in his first.

Same applies to the midfield and improvements on Garcia and Milner.

plongo said:
Hearing of a bid by Villa

Doesn't seem like a Lambert buy, he would appear to love the idea of finding gems out of nowhere, hense their current problem of having quite a bit of shit.

I can see us personally deciding to keep Lescott for the rest of the season and letting him go for free rather than us having to go out and find a new CB and intergrate them into the squad midseason with many an important game to come.

Long term though we need another world class CB as we have a sharp quality drop when Vinny gets injured and it'll be a few years until Nasty is truly world class.

plongo said:
Hearing of a bid by Villa

Couldn't afford his salary.

He won't take a 50 per cent pay cut in the unlikely event that he gets on the plane to Brazil.

More chance of that if he stays at City and he knows it.

Like Barry and Toure will go on a free next season.

there is no way pellers will let Lescott go without bringing in a world class defender which i can not see before summer if he does then fine but i dont see him leaving in jan why would we let him go he is excellent cover and Micah would be gutted to loose his half of the double act, fucking hilarious them two.

That was non story by sky saying Fulham aren't buying Lescott . What was point of reporting that . Another daft story Man United want him on loan .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.