Lescott

BringBackSwales said:
Dax777 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Lescott looks back to his best this last few weeks to me - Hope he stays.

I get that Demichelis is better on the ball that Lescott but I have no confidence in Demichelis defensively and have e no idea how he has become the first choice partner for Vinnie.
Then you should watch more City. Demichelis is simply a better fit for our squad. Also he is a better overall footballer, bur that is irrelevant. What is relevant is how he fits into the philosophy. It doesn't take much to see that.

I think your post is a rather arrogant putdown of the previous poster. I watch City every week and Lescott and Demichelis have different strengths and weaknesses - Demichelis is of course better on the ball, but defensively Lescott is much stronger. They both have a role to play; it doesn't take much to see that

Members arrogantly putting down other posters? On Bluemoon? Never!!!

The fact that he never said anything about staying or that he didn't deny being possibly on the move was interesting. Must be something in it.

Dax777 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

I get that Demichelis is better on the ball that Lescott but I have no confidence in Demichelis defensively and have e no idea how he has become the first choice partner for Vinnie.
Then you should watch more City. Demichelis is simply a better fit for our squad. Also he is a better overall footballer, bur that is irrelevant. What is relevant is how he fits into the philosophy. It doesn't take much to see that.

Could you be more of a thick twat if you tried?

a) I have a season ticket
b) Demichelis is better on the ball
c) Lescott is better defensively

If Demichelis plays in the big games with Vinnie, I tell you now he is NOT good enough defensively. Too slow, dives into challenges rashly & gets caught out of posotion frequently. He will very likely cost us goals & possibly results.

Lescott on the other hand will keep things much tighter, not great on the ball I admiy but he can pass the ball 5 yards sideways to Vinnie ;-)

TrueBlue1705 said:
Dax777 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

If Demichelis plays in the big games with Vinnie, I tell you now he is NOT good enough defensively. Too slow, dives into challenges rashly & gets caught out of posotion frequently. He will very likely cost us goals & possibly results.

Lescott on the other hand will keep things much tighter, not great on the ball I admiy but he can pass the ball 5 yards sideways to Vinnie ;-)
when I met him I was staggered by his size - he's an enormously impressive sight close up

TrueBlue1705 said:
Dax777 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

Now now boys don't fall out. Especially in this fantastic season. Trust the manager on this - However, I would say that MDM played really,really well for Malaga against both Real and Barca so he knows what to expect and will surprise a few.

hopefully he will stay to the end of the season and have the chance at colletcting another medal or two....

I like lescott...comes across as a really nice guy, decent defender (not great on the ball but he has improved in that area) and like someone else said...demi might fit our philosophy a bit more but lescott is the better defender......

If we do let him go we do need a replacement as I don't rate Dmichelis and Nasty has a lot of positive attributes but is a little slow for me and not commanding enough.

If Lescott stays he could add another couple of medals to his collection, if he goes he could go to the world cup with England but probably won't make it into the starting XI.

Winners medals or a free trip to Brazil? I know what I'd choose.

kenzie115 said:
If Lescott stays he could add another couple of medals to his collection, if he goes he could go to the world cup with England but probably won't make it into the starting XI.

Winners medals or a free trip to Brazil? I know what I'd choose.

I really doubt his chances of getting on the plane will alter at all even if he ended up at Real Madrid come Jan 31 and they played him for each and every remaining game of the season as opposed to staying here.

Hodgy has seen enough of him to know whether he is one the plane or not and its not as if he isn't getting any game time.

I can guarantee he will get enough game time at City for the remainder of the season even if we crash out of all cups at the next hurdle.

I don't think he is rated that highly to be honest and only injuries to others up the pecking order will allow get him a gig as part of the squad with little or no playing time anyway in Brazil.

For Lescott its far better he stays at City but if for some reason we want to off load him or he wants out in January we will probably accommodate but again it would be crazy unless a better replacement is available because thats how you build for the future.

No point in replacing like for like or like for worse.

Martin was a two season purchase and we will have to replace him next January at the earliest in anycase.

Would Lescott still get cup snd league (not sure if he played enough games) medals if he left.

Recall years ago, someone needing his team to lose to his former team for him to get a medal.

Or my mind could be playing tricks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.