Lescott

Lescott looks back to his best this last few weeks to me - Hope he stays.

I get that Demichelis is better on the ball that Lescott but I have no confidence in Demichelis defensively and have e no idea how he has become the first choice partner for Vinnie.

TrueBlue1705 said:

I get that Demichelis is better on the ball that Lescott but I have no confidence in Demichelis defensively and have e no idea how he has become the first choice partner for Vinnie.
Then you should watch more City. Demichelis is simply a better fit for our squad. Also he is a better overall footballer, bur that is irrelevant. What is relevant is how he fits into the philosophy. It doesn't take much to see that.

Poor guy might leave without winning anything this season. I feel sorry for him because he's not a bad defender.

silvasleftleg said:
Poor guy might leave without winning anything this season. I feel sorry for him because he's not a bad defender.

Be best he stays until seasons end as hopefully he might have a couple more medals to add to his collection before he moves on.

We usually do the right thing by the player if he really wants to leave and despite what MP has said about no one moving on in January if he does want to go we will probably let him without a better replacement or a replacement at all which would be a mistake in my opinion.

The squad size we have now is just right for the workload , contingencies required etc.

The mix and depth in certain positions needs tweaking but hopefully that can be addressed in the summer.

You hope that if Lescott goes the remainder will stay injury free for the remainder of the season.

I think he just wants to try and force his way into the England squad and probably thinks he a has a better chance of doing that elsewhere. I think he will stay though.

George Hannah said:
Lescott stoking the fires in his post match interview. Very cagey - looks like he is on his way this window and that means a transfer in I think - maybe not a direct replacement either.

Can't help but feeling sorry for the man. I mean, if he leaves it's because he chooses to, but it can't be an easy thing to leave this club at this time, and I'm sure he'd prefer to stay if he could get a bit more playing time.

Selling him now in this window btw, strikes me as veeeery daring by the club. Unless of course... we have someone coming in to take his place.

Matt the Giant said:
George Hannah said:
Selling him now in this window btw, strikes me as veeeery daring by the club. Unless of course... we have someone coming in to take his place.
Most media reports suggest that he'd be allowed to leave only if a replacement is brought in.

Funny interview last night and some very interesting banter going on between himself and the West ham lads.

I think he has been told he can go this window as long as get his replacement in and its all boils down to that.

He is gone come the summer regardless and he has more than played his part so the very best of luck to the lad.

Dax777 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

Then you should watch more City. Demichelis is simply a better fit for our squad. Also he is a better overall footballer, bur that is irrelevant. What is relevant is how he fits into the philosophy. It doesn't take much to see that.

I think your post is a rather arrogant putdown of the previous poster. I watch City every week and Lescott and Demichelis have different strengths and weaknesses - Demichelis is of course better on the ball, but defensively Lescott is much stronger. They both have a role to play; it doesn't take much to see that

BringBackSwales said:
Dax777 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

I think your post is a rather arrogant putdown of the previous poster. I watch City every week and Lescott and Demichelis have different strengths and weaknesses - Demichelis is of course better on the ball, but defensively Lescott is much stronger. They both have a role to play; it doesn't take much to see that

If we are serious about going for all four trophies I see no reason why we need to let Lescott (or any other first team player) go this transfer window. They will ALL have a role to play.

Seems to me that the Demichelis v Lescott argument is the same one we have for Zabba v Richards or Clichy v Kolorov. Each player has strengths and weaknesses and its Pellegrinis job to pick the most suitable player (where available) for the match coming up. Based on the unbeaten run we are enjoying at the moment I think Pellegrini has now a clear idea of each players ability and contribution and he's doing a pretty good job in getting the fit just right.

The bigger tests are on their way and it's never looked rosier for City fans than it does right now. .
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.