Let's Be Honest, It Won't Get Any Better Will It?

to go undefeated must be the next big target, what else is there?

I’m not after much more now I’ll be honest

Apart from a win at Tottenham……well a goal at least there
Our first game there and the missed penalty from Sergio. Would have won it that season I bet, it was also the deafening atmosphere at the new ground that went against us as well. Even the 5 Live commentator said he took his headphones off so it went down his eardrum.

And the invention of VAR as well. If it weren't for that, we would have won that Spurs tie.

Still, that was then and this is now.

Come to think of it, we are two of three British teams to win the treble by beating Inter in the European Cup Final to complete it.

The other one is Celtic.

I won't ever forget on BBC Sport Teletext a live update describing every moment of the action in the 1999 final. Sickening don't come close to describe it and every Saturday live match it was always them.

Now they are irrelevant.

Come to think of it, we are two of three British teams to win the treble by beating Inter in the European Cup Final to complete it.

The other one is Celtic.

I won't ever forget on BBC Sport Teletext a live update describing every moment of the action in the 1999 final. Sickening don't come close to describe it and every Saturday live match it was always them.

Now they are irrelevant.
'99 is so last century darling

I think in chronological order, Community Shield, followed by Euro Super Cup, then Club World Cup, without being arrogant it only takes 4 wins (even penalty shoot outs) to win 3 trophies, then and i'm serious prioritise the League Cup, win that, then take the photo to end all photos, City winners of the f**king lot, ALL 7 TROPHIES
Then as long as we are reasonably placed prioritise the league for 4 in a Row, hopefully keeping a chance of retaining the Champions League.

So, probably looks like we may have to give up FA Cup, but how about all the rest?

At this stage I'll take Top 4 next year. I only care about the super cup and club world cup. It's almost a case of 'Completed it?'

Emphasis on At this stage because my view is probably changing by the time next season starts

Yep, where do we go from here. Quadruple has to be the target now, which unless we have a huge squad packed full of quality is pretty nigh on impossible to achieve. Just hope Pep can get us firing from the off next season, keep the hunger in the squad

The quadruple will cease to exist in trophies being won after 2025. Having an extended group format of the champions league means the likes of us won’t be in the league cup anymore.

We have just elevated the perch we sit upon. Everyone is going to be coming after us next season domestically and in Europe. We are now the team to beat.
A couple of new signings and retention of the bulk of the current squad and we will be up for the challenge, which Pep, as always, will meet one game at a time.
Time for a bit of Swagger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.