Let's Be Honest, It Won't Get Any Better Will It?

If Pep continues to sign two year contract extensions anything is possible for this football club.
I don't want to be talking about next season already as I want to enjoy what we have achieved this season, But, We can win the lot again next season! Nobody wants to face Pep and this City side, We will strengthen the team again this summer and the lads will go again.

We are the team to beat in all competitions.

No matter how good we are, luck plays a huge part in knockout competitons. A header not hitting Lukaku and we might well still have had that monkey on our backs.

Personally I don't think we'll reach the same highs next season, but I don't see anyone taking away our title. Over 38 games we'll prove to be the best again, because we are.

Very much looking forward to Haaland's second season too, and I'd like to see quite a bit more of Phil this time around.

'99 is so last century darling
.... and the era when songs entered the charts at their highest chart position, then went down, down, down, down, out.

Now they actually climb the charts to get to their highest placing.

That alone sums up how ancient 1999 really is, let alone how awful the quality of football was back then in comparison to now.

So, we can now win in a single calendar year..... The Super Cup, the Community Shield and the World Club Cup.

Then add the treble onto that and we have six in a year!. That has to be a first ever. Didn't the Raggies lose the Shield match in 1999 to Arsenal?. I know they lost the Super Cup to Lazio when it was in Monaco every year.

For me, the qpr game was the pinnacle, nothing will ever match that as that was releasing years and years of emotion in the most incredible way. Everything since has been wonderful too, but it’s impossible to replicate that feeling without having decades in the doldrums again.

It’s just the nature of football though, it changes. It was gutting when Kompany, Aguero and Silva all went and the thought of never seeing them play in a city shirt again, yet we’ve now got Dias, Stones, Haaland, Foden, Rodri, De Bruyne and everyone else that we’re blessed to watch instead.

There’ll always be something to enjoy. It’s just at the moment it’s success on the pitch and not the gallows humour. I wouldn’t have changed any of it (well, apart from Pearces season in charge!)

It seems like the squad might be refreshed, as any or all of Gundo, Silva, Laporte and Mahrez might go. Crucially, this means we have to sign someone called Silva, or get a player to change his name, as we need a player with that surname to ensure we win something - maybe we could get David back?
Seriously, I'd like us to bring another player or 2 through from the academy. MacAtee apparently has had a great season with Sheffield United, as has Tommy Doyle. Harwood-Bellis had a great season at Burnley, and with Laporte going......
Now that Macallister and Bellingham have been taken, not sure who's going to come in (though Kovetic seems likely) but, it would be fantastic if we could do some or all of our success again with some of these academy lads making major contributions, with Foden and Lewis.
Doing it all again with the rest of our superstars and an extra sprinkling of home-grown would be perfect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.