lets be honest

IH8MUFC said:
we lost to possibly the best team of all time, definately the best i have ever seen, since they have a great defence and world class attacking play, where the great barca team of a few years ago had world class attacking play with an average defence. they humilated most teams last year and would this year as well. so much doom and gloom on here would think we were bottom of league 2 or something.

That's a good point, I think their last 4 away games in the champs league have included wins at arsenal (1-3) , barca (0-3) and marseille. Still it was poor tonight especially the team tactics. Time to reflect and drastically improve if we are to make top 4 this season.

cleavers said:
I'll be honest.....

Having witnessed one of the best performances I've seen from City 2 weeks ago against united, I thought I witnessed one of our worst at the top level tonight.

Bayern were good, we knew that, but they made us look like a pub team for 60 minutes, shambolic is the most optimistic I could call us.

Manager, coaches, and players should be in at 8am tomorrow morning to analyse what went so badly wrong, it would probably take all day, instead unlike the majority who paid a lot of money to witness it, and will be in work at 8am, they'll get the day off.

It should only take the time it takes to say "POOR STRATEGY" to figure it out. I can't believe we went with 2 strikers playing so high for 45 minutes when we know how Guardiola likes to set his teams up.
I can't believe Pellegrini is as bad as this. I just think he has come here with and has his arm twisted into a 'blind commitment' to play adventurous football from day one, whoever the opposition. As Chelsea have shown us, this philosophy is just plain naive.

IH8MUFC said:
we lost to possibly the best team of all time, definately the best i have ever seen, since they have a great defence and world class attacking play, where the great barca team of a few years ago had world class attacking play with an average defence. they humilated most teams last year and would this year as well. so much doom and gloom on here would think we were bottom of league 2 or something.
They aren't as good as Barça from 2009. That Barça team had a good performing back four with Puyol bang on. They were making 900 passes a game and having 30 shots per game even against very good sides.

Hopefully this is the wake up call they need, rather than poor excuses. Yes Bayern are good, very good, but lets use it to get their heads clear.

Drop Joe, we cannot keep having these mistakes- it sends the message to the team, perform or your on the bench.

We need to press teams a lot tighter, we did it in the 4-1 win (okay they were sh**e) but we compound it just like Bayern did to us last night. Yaya for all his ability does not move well (he can turn it on when he wants) but last night he was like a man on crutches at times! He needs a wake up call again put him on the bench.

The positional play of our team is poor, last night. example being Samir leaving Gael exposed 2 some times 3 on one, while he made his way back from the centre (slowly) don't get me wrong Samir put in a shift but mostly wasted chasing in the centre (possible covering work Yaya should be doing)

We need to step up on Saturday and press them or we will get a beating from an in form Everton, if that happens then its time for the tin hats to come out.

COME ON CITY !

We were as bad as a non league side playing Arsenal away in the third round of the cup in the first 75 minutes.

Having said that Bayern were excellent.

Getting through to the knockout stages won't mean jack anyway even if we do because we are so far off that level that I couldn't see us getting past the last 16.

We need to fully focus on the prem now.

All this bollocks about them being the best team in the world ever.

So does that mean we shouldn't give a shit then. That we can line up so fuckin tactically inept that it seems like 1979 because we will get beat whatever we do.

No of course it doesn't. You give yourself the best possible chance not bend over for a dicking.

citymad said:
IH8MUFC said:

That's a good point, I think their last 4 away games in the champs league have included wins at arsenal (1-3) , barca (0-3) and marseille. Still it was poor tonight especially the team tactics. Time to reflect and drastically improve if we are to make top 4 this season.
Juventus (0-2), not Marseille. Insane record really, Bayern have beaten the best Spanish, Italian and 2 of the best English teams in consecutive away games and none of the games was even close.

Caveman said:
IH8MUFC said:
They aren't as good as Barça from 2009. That Barça team had a good performing back four with Puyol bang on. They were making 900 passes a game and having 30 shots per game even against very good sides.
they are better than that barca team. they are so much more disciplined in defence and have a more varied attack because they are not depending on 1 player for the most part. this bayern team toyed with juve and barca last season. its hard to see who can deal with them this season in the cpl.

unsworthblue said:
i've been watching footy for more than 30 years,that has in my eyes got to be the best 90mins of football witnessed,sometimes in life take yer hat off and admire the champions ,i shook so many munich fans and said 'fair play mate' see you in munich

Plenty to admire but we made it easy for them with our lineup.

Not as good as Pep's Barca

sweynforkbeard said:
unsworthblue said:
i've been watching footy for more than 30 years,that has in my eyes got to be the best 90mins of football witnessed,sometimes in life take yer hat off and admire the champions ,i shook so many munich fans and said 'fair play mate' see you in unich#

I must agree with this - thought Bayern were immense.

Best team I've ever seen us play. Looked like they were playing a different sport. We are light years behind them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.