Let's consolidate English and American

English people seem to be terrible at learning their own language. A girl on TV just said she worked in HR and doesn’t know how to pronounce H correctly ffs
It’s a common error. Even my Mrs mispronounces H. For any lurkers, it’s spelt ‘aitch’ and you pronounce it as it’s written - aitch!

I had to change how I pronounced my last name because nobody had a clue what I was saying.

And even we don't say courgette. What's next? petit pois instead of pea?
Oh, and, it's a fucking eggplant.
Eggplant !!! I mean just wtf. I've kept chickens and there is no way an egg is going to sprout anything no matter how long its in the ground.

It's a motherfucking WALKway on the SIDE of the road, sidewalk makes perfect sense. Pavement could be the road itself, a patio, basketball court or a sidewalk. Think about it this way, you tell your friend you'll meet him on the pavement at 5:00pm. The poor sonofabitch thinks you mean the middle of the road and gets run over by a car and killed. Now you have a dead friend, how does that make you feel?

Lives will be saved by saying sidewalk.
Roads shall henceforth be known as Middledrives.

Roads shall henceforth be known as Middledrives.
33b15757-a97f-4c1e-a507-3306c72ffbf3_text.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.