Let's consolidate English and American

I will chop my own balls off with a rusty penknife before I say 'tomaydohs'. Also, 'quid' sounds much cooler than 'bucks'.

I'm afraid you're onto a loser here buddy, er, I mean mate.
Can't quite explain why I took so much pleasure in seeing 'tomaydohs' written out as it is pronounced.

Don't think in my head I said it on an American accent - it came out as a bit of a hybrid between Mrs Doyle from Father Ted and Harry Enfield's'Arrrrrrrmadilloooooo!!! guy from the Dime Bar adverts......... :-)

I'm with that well known City fan, George Bernard Shaw, on this subject. America and Britain are two nations separated by a common language.

I think Canadian would be a good compromise. We use the English way of spelling most things but we say zucchini because, well's face it, courgette is about as french as it gets.
Plus, we don't fuck our kin folk.

Been in Yanksville 12 years now and still refuse to give up the Queens / King's English.

On all my reports or emails at work I refuse to remove the U in words such as in colour and keep the S there instead of a Z such as organisation. And it's Zed not fucking Zee.

English is a language, can't you read......
I honestly had not read your post before posting one virtually identical.

I will chop my own balls off with a rusty penknife before I say 'tomaydohs'. Also, 'quid' sounds much cooler than 'bucks'.

I'm afraid you're onto a loser here buddy, er, I mean mate.
I've got the rusty pen knife if you've got the balls

Been in Yanksville 12 years now and still refuse to give up the Queens / King's English.

On all my reports or emails at work I refuse to remove the U in words such as in colour and keep the S there instead of a Z such as organisation. And it's Zed not fucking Zee.

English is a language, can't you read......
The u is just waitful, think of all the man hours wasted by needlessly writing or typing it. I think we could move to a 30 hour work week if we just made that one little tweak.

You can piss off with that ’sidewalk’ shit. It’s pavement ffs

and don’t even get me started on aluminium
It's a motherfucking WALKway on the SIDE of the road, sidewalk makes perfect sense. Pavement could be the road itself, a patio, basketball court or a sidewalk. Think about it this way, you tell your friend you'll meet him on the pavement at 5:00pm. The poor sonofabitch thinks you mean the middle of the road and gets run over by a car and killed. Now you have a dead friend, how does that make you feel?

Lives will be saved by saying sidewalk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.