Let's Not Forget Sheikh Mansour This Sunday!

Eastlands said:
I speak as a season cardholder and a supporter of long standing and I fully appreciate that the Sheikh’s funding has brought us both success and great football but why would he do it?, Had he heard that a poor the Manchester team struggling in the EPL had for many years had no real success and so took pity, then bestowed his benevolence for our benefit?, I don’t think so
We were lucky that he chose Eastlands as a base for the worldwide marketing for the Etihad branding and the high profile benefits that could be developed for his United Arab Emirates based airline. It’s about harvesting millions of plastic supporters around the world, the revenue and the recognition that comes with it. He chose football as a means to an end
This is great for us Manchester City supporters but I worry that we may end up known as Manchester Etihad FC. The new development isn't the 'Manchester City Campus' and what is the City Metrolink Stop called? Well it was originally planned as 'Eastlands City Stadium'

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pQcn2L65J0[/youtube]

Great post OP. Unfortunately one or two on here are still not happy how far we've come. Respect to Mancini for what he's done but he's in the past, time to move on and show some respect for our owners that they know what they are doing.

jrb said:
I appreciate people will be singing Mancini's name this Sunday, and rightly so.

But let's not forget one very important thing.

If it wasn't for Sheikh Mansour Mancni and the trophies he delivered wouldn't have happened.

By all means express your support for Mancini, but express it for Sheikh Mansour as well.

Without him our club would still be..........(fill in as appropriate)

Manchester thanks Sheikh Mansour.

[bigimg]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2010/8/25/1282755537673/Sheikh-Mansour-006.jpg[/bigimg]

%100 no questions asked.

moomba said:
Rammyblues said:
I haven't a problem thanking Mancini but we should move on quickly we don't want to be doing a Chelsea. Best owner in the world.

Don't think it will be anything like Chelsea, they were shouting against Rafa as well as for RDM.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of Mancini songs and rightly so IMO. Doesn't mean anything against anyone else.

Quite right, Moomba, support for one doesn't mean yer castigating the other. The last three seasons will go down in City history as The Mancini Era and it will be distinguished from other eras, Uncle Joe's excepted, as being the time we had a fantastic squad and won the two major trophies of the English game!

I've been to Wembley 3 times since the takeover, 2 of which were major trophy finals ...something I thought unlikely to ever happen in my lifetime.

I've seen us win something of note...twice...since the takeover...something beyond my wildest dreams.

I've seen us rip utd a new arsehole at OT

I've heard Phalex attribute his worst day in football to us

I've heard utd fans genuinely worried about us

If anybody on here questions the Sheik or his motives...then in my opinion you're either a rag or a prick. By all means try to convince me otherwise, but if you do I expect you'll sound more of a prick/rag at the end of the conversation than you do at the start.

Thank you and goodnight.

ManCitizens. said:
Eastlands said:
I speak as a season cardholder and a supporter of long standing and I fully appreciate that the Sheikh’s funding has brought us both success and great football but why would he do it?, Had he heard that a poor the Manchester team struggling in the EPL had for many years had no real success and so took pity, then bestowed his benevolence for our benefit?, I don’t think so
We were lucky that he chose Eastlands as a base for the worldwide marketing for the Etihad branding and the high profile benefits that could be developed for his United Arab Emirates based airline. It’s about harvesting millions of plastic supporters around the world, the revenue and the recognition that comes with it. He chose football as a means to an end
This is great for us Manchester City supporters but I worry that we may end up known as Manchester Etihad FC. The new development isn't the 'Manchester City Campus' and what is the City Metrolink Stop called? Well it was originally planned as 'Eastlands City Stadium'

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pQcn2L65J0[/youtube]

When the new team kit includes a dish-dash, I'll start to worry.

Eastlands said:

Sheikh Mansour is not connected to Etihad Airways so your logic fails there I´m afraid.
Our guy is an Oil and high-finance operator that runs sports and media on the side basically. Our Khaldoon got no connections to Etihad either other than thru one of the Mubadala divisions doing maintenance works for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.