Let's Not Forget Sheikh Mansour This Sunday!

I find it a bit odd with all his wealth he doesn't go to any games,even the cup final,you would have thought he would want to be at such a showpiece occasion,maybe he knew what was coming!

yozzer said:
am not thanking mancini for anything, the owner gave him the tools to achieve,this season he failed and i agree with the sacking,, i thanked mancini last season when they got the trophy ,

Mean-spirited , that is. Just like the Chavski's who refuse to give Rafa a round of applause.

he owns the club and we are thankful for his input

that does not mean we need to kiss his arse

when we disagree we can fucking well say so

and some of us think this was an episode straight out of the Swales era

and maybe he needs to sort out his press relations employees

x

I speak as a season cardholder and a supporter of long standing and I fully appreciate that the Sheikh’s funding has brought us both success and great football but why would he do it?, Had he heard that a poor the Manchester team struggling in the EPL had for many years had no real success and so took pity, then bestowed his benevolence for our benefit?, I don’t think so
We were lucky that he chose Eastlands as a base for the worldwide marketing for the Etihad branding and the high profile benefits that could be developed for his United Arab Emirates based airline. It’s about harvesting millions of plastic supporters around the world, the revenue and the recognition that comes with it. He chose football as a means to an end
This is great for us Manchester City supporters but I worry that we may end up known as Manchester Etihad FC. The new development isn't the 'Manchester City Campus' and what is the City Metrolink Stop called? Well it was originally planned as 'Eastlands City Stadium'

Eastlands said:
I speak as a season cardholder and a supporter of long standing and I fully appreciate that the Sheikh’s funding has brought us both success and great football but why would he do it?, Had he heard that a poor the Manchester team struggling in the EPL had for many years had no real success and so took pity, then bestowed his benevolence for our benefit?, I don’t think so
We were lucky that he chose Eastlands as a base for the worldwide marketing for the Etihad branding and the high profile benefits that could be developed for his United Arab Emirates based airline. It’s about harvesting millions of plastic supporters around the world, the revenue and the recognition that comes with it. He chose football as a means to an end
This is great for us Manchester City supporters but I worry that we may end up known as Manchester Etihad FC. The new developement isn't the 'Manchester City Campus' and what is the City Metrolink Stop called? Well it was originaly planned as 'Eastlands City Stadium'

I think (hope?) that Sheikh Mansour has too much respect for tradition to start messing about with such important things as the club's name.

The new academy is called the Etihad Campus because without the money - and it is a lot of money - invested by Etihad, there is no way it would have had any chance of being built.

CoMS is now known as the Etihad Stadium, so it's only right that the tram stop should also be called this, IMHO.

Vienna_70 said:
I think (hope?) that Sheikh Mansour has too much respect for tradition to start messing about with such important things as the club's name.

The new academy is called the Etihad Campus because without the money - and it is a lot of money - invested by Etihad, there is no way it would have had any chance of being built.

CoMS is now known as the Etihad Stadium, so it's only right that the tram stop should also be called this, IMHO.

I didn't suggest that he would change the name but that maybe we would become known as 'Manchester Etihad FC'
Airline brands often change. Where are BOAC, BEA, TWA and PanAm now? These were once very high profile airline names, what if the Etihad (Unite) brand changes? There are 32 airlines of the United Arab Emirates

Eastlands said:
This is great for us Manchester City supporters but I worry that we may end up known as Manchester Etihad FC. The new development isn't the 'Manchester City Campus' and what is the City Metrolink Stop called? Well it was originally planned as 'Eastlands City Stadium'

If you are as you say you are a long standing city fan, then why don't you know like the the rest of us why sheikh Mansour why he's taken over?
Even my teanage daughter knows, yet you seem flummoxed?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
maybe he should...y'know...turn up for once and do an in-depth interview?

He doesn't seem to understand the financial climate in Manchester so maybe if he popped over he'd realise there are a, 101 fairer ways to raise money.
This guy bought shares in Barclays Bank,held on to them for about 2 days and then sold them for £2,000,000,000 profit.That's 2 billion profit.And as for the financial bit,new complex at the corner of Ashton New Road and Alan Turing Way ring any bells?And that's only the start,there are going to be much bigger plans for the land,but that's for the future.So I'm not arsed if he turns up for my wedding,funeral,birth of my child etc.or City winning the Cobh Ramblers Trophy,I know this football club is in good hands.

colinbellsballboy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
maybe he should...y'know...turn up for once and do an in-depth interview?

He doesn't seem to understand the financial climate in Manchester so maybe if he popped over he'd realise there are a, 101 fairer ways to raise money.
This guy bought shares in Barclays Bank,held on to them for about 2 days and then sold them for £2,000,000,000 profit.That's 2 billion profit.And as for the financial bit,new complex at the corner of Ashton New Road and Alan Turing Way ring any bells?And that's only the start,there are going to be much bigger plans for the land,but that's for the future.So I'm not arsed if he turns up for my wedding,funeral,birth of my child etc.or City winning the Cobh Ramblers Trophy,I know this football club is in good hands.

if he can do that then our season tickets should be subsidised as a goodwill gesture to loyal support not raised 10%.

He has a lot to answer for as ultimate decision maker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.