Let's Not Forget Sheikh Mansour This Sunday!

S04 said:
Flummoxed? I don't think so. Read my original post again, it makes it quite clear why he did it and it wasn't for the love or pity for a struggling English football club. It was and is, an investment to achieve a high profile worldwide for the Etihad Brand which can be changed at his whim. Manchester City supporters benifit at the expense of their identity

As a Cityfan you ought to know that Sheikh Mansour is not connected to Etihad in any way outside this sponsorship deal..[/quote]

Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is the deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates, minister of presidential affairs and member of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi. Etihad Airlines is one of many flying under the UAE banner.
You tell me why he has taken over Manchester City FC if it's not for his benifit

selim said:
The lack of respect and gratefulness some posters show towards the man is baffling...It could easily drive him away from the club as he is not used to it in his home country.

oh please,he is not going to get the hump if he doesnt get a round of applause on sunday after what the club have done this week

Eastlands said:
S04 said:
Flummoxed? I don't think so. Read my original post again, it makes it quite clear why he did it and it wasn't for the love or pity for a struggling English football club. It was and is, an investment to achieve a high profile worldwide for the Etihad Brand which can be changed at his whim. Manchester City supporters benifit at the expense of their identity

As a Cityfan you ought to know that Sheikh Mansour is not connected to Etihad in any way outside this sponsorship deal..

Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is the deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates, minister of presidential affairs and member of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi. Etihad Airlines is one of many flying under the UAE banner.
You tell me why he has taken over Manchester City FC if it's not for his benifit

Can you name an owner who has taken over any club that has not done it for some form of benefit? Whether that be financial, or their own feeling of importance.

selim said:
The lack of respect and gratefulness some posters show towards the man is baffling...It could easily drive him away from the club as he is not used to it in his home country.

Well I for one am not about to bow down to him or kiss his backside. We are City, Super City, Came to Eastlands From Maine Road

karen7 said:
selim said:

oh please,he is not going to get the hump if he doesnt get a round of applause on sunday after what the club have done this week
Seriously what have the club done? they sacked an employee? Big deal !
I remember the same hysterical reaction from some posters after the sacking of Hughes and it turned out to be a good decision.It will be no different here and you'll have to eat your words yet again.Some thick fans are thinking your trophies were down to the genius of mancini ...It's not..it's because of this man's investment.If anything "Bobby manc" held you back.But i know it's more comfortable to some to associate the club's success with that handsome Italian than those very bad rich Arabs..

Eastlands said:
S04 said:

As a Cityfan you ought to know that Sheikh Mansour is not connected to Etihad in any way outside this sponsorship deal..

I´ll try, early in 2008 there was a meeting in Abu Dhabi where the Bani Fatima proposed a diversion towards sports and media.
As a Bani Fatima member Sheikh Mansour jumped in and started a minor media group who today own a number of papers and several TV-Channels focusing on sports and entertainment.
Later the same year he bought Manchester City as we all know.

Thing is..Sheikh Mansour play to win, I can´t really remember any bad business decision he have made the last decade. He buy assets and companies he regards as easy to make profitable despite other investors regarding them as hopeless cases.
This is something that happens again and again. Just look at say Nova Chemicals that he bought for a song during the financial crisis, look at Barclays, FGB and even the Daimler shares.

I´m utterly convinced that he sees a future where City is profitmaking and a major player in the world of football.

Let's particularly not forget that quite a few blues were telling him to stick his Pellegrini up his arse last Saturday

selim said:
karen7 said:
selim said:

I remember the same hysterical reaction from some posters after the sacking of Hughes and it turned out to be a good decision.It will be no different here and you'll have to eat your words yet again.Some thick fans are thinking your trophies were down to the genius of mancini ...It's not..it's because of this man's investment.If anything "Bobby manc" held you back.But i know it's more comfortable to some to associate the club's success with that handsome Italian than those very bad rich Arabs..

Cause I don't care too much for money
For money can't buy me love....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi-2Tj5FhMc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi-2Tj5FhMc</a>

selim said:
karen7 said:
selim said:

I remember the same hysterical reaction from some posters after the sacking of Hughes and it turned out to be a good decision.It will be no different here and you'll have to eat your words yet again.Some thick fans are thinking your trophies were down to the genius of mancini ...It's not..it's because of this man's investment.If anything "Bobby manc" held you back.But i know it's more comfortable to some to associate the club's success with that handsome Italian than those very bad rich Arabs

i'll have you know im neither hysterical or thick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.