Let's Not Go Sucking Each Others Richards Just Yet...

goatfeeder100 said:
Why not just enjoy the fact we are there for fucks sake.

Because I don't want to be just 'there', I want us to go further. This team is capable of getting furtter than just 'there', but if we carry on as we are we are gonna do no better than beating the teams we are vastly superior to

Agreed, and people it must be allowed to happy about the result, but not thrilled about the way we played. Things are not black and white, and you have to look behind things sometime.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Or something like thast as Mr Wolf once said

I sat in the 3rd tier tonight, as opposed to just a few rows up off the ground, so I could see things much clearer than usual. And I have to say that what I saw was not the most pleasing of things I've ever seen. The 4-4-2 formation is strangling us. We are not getting the best out of our players with this formation and we are relying on individual bits of excellence to try and score us goals and win us games. The constant long balls to Ade and lack of ideas is soul destroying considering the amount of talent we have on the pitch. We were up against a very weak Arsenal squad who, let's face it, anything less than a win would have been a disappointment. Now I don't wanna take anything away from the players because individually once again they all played very well, but as a team we are just not playing to the best of our abailities

We're all too keen to just hoof it up to Ade and try to pick up the pieces, and considering the team we've got and what we're capable of this just isn't good enough and we're gonna come up short against any team that is anywhere near the same standard as us. Grinding out results and huff and puff just doesn't do this team justice. The only way we were ever gonna score was through individual bits of skill as opposed to quality team football and luckily tonight we were playing a team so weak that Tevez, SWP and Bellamy could carve out goals all by themselves out of nothing. This won't be the case evry week and it's been like this for too long now, hence 7 draws some of which were against far inferior teams.

Bringing Vinnie on for Tevez (who was right to be subbed) and switching from 4-4-2 to 4-1-4-1 was an other negative move although this will be overlooked (possibly rightly so) considering the result and the fact we saw out the game, but negative tactics designed to contain the other team and not designed to get the best out of ours are becoming all to frequent.

Now I haven't got anything against Hughes and I want the guy to do well, the way he punched towards our fans when they were singing 'Hughesy Hughesy give us a wave' showed how much he wants to succeed at City, but I just can't see it happening with the way we're going and we are gonna have to have a much more intelligent set up against the rags and in future league games if we want to progress much further

Kudos to SWP, Tevez and Lescott in particular for superb individual performances.

Ecstatic to get to the semi's, but not looking forward to playing the rags

maybe this should be merged with dctid's "get a grip" thread so we can kill 2 birds with one stone..? ... miserable negative feckers

I can't believe it, but i'm not surprised. We just won 3-0, played well and here is born a negative post. El Hombre, i'm dissapointed. Oh, and you're a thief too cos I used Mr Wolf's quote this morning and you replied straight after. Use your own quotes. Fucking well annoyed this thread exists. What the fuck do we need to do to please some?

The Fat el Hombre said:
goatfeeder100 said:
Why not just enjoy the fact we are there for fucks sake.

Because I don't want to be just 'there', I want us to go further. This team is capable of getting furtter than just 'there', but if we carry on as we are we are gonna do no better than beating the teams we are vastly superior to

That's fair enough. I just thought he put out the right team to win the game tonight (which they did) and made the right substitutions to ensure no nasty late suprises (which there weren't) and I thought our players looked a little (not a lot) more in tune with each other tonight.

blumoonrises said:
maybe this should be merged with dctid's "get a grip" thread so we can kill 2 birds with one stone..? ... miserable negative feckers

If you're happy to settle for a City team that's capable of winning the league cup, playing in a set up that will not win us the league cup, then that's your choice. I'd call you the negative **** to be honest. We can all wnak each other off and pretend the world is wonderful but the fact of the matter is that if we carry on as we are we haven't got a fucking prayer

Sorry but I just do not believe with the way we are setting up that there is a chance in hell of us winning this cup (or any other for that matter), unless united play a load of 15 year old kids and we play blackburn in the final, ie - far inferior teams where we can get away with not getting the best out of our players and still win

Fuzzmaster101 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

That's fair enough. I just thought he put out the right team to win the game tonight (which they did) and made the right substitutions to ensure no nasty late suprises (which there weren't) and I thought our players looked a little (not a lot) more in tune with each other tonight.

I'm not complaining about the subs just pointing out that the Kompany one was another negative sub on top of all the others, though like I said it should probably overlooked considering the result. To say our players were more in tune, no I don't agree with that at all. I'd say it was more like our players being able to get away with much more cos it was men against boys. There was a serious lack of craft, class or intelligence in that team today and I don't give a fuck what any wanker happy clapping bleumoon **** says

Agreed with all that.
Were a bunch of individuals and not a team. We hoof the ball a lot and lose it as easy as trifle.
I want to see us play 1 or 2 touch football, pass and move - the players are there but the team isnt.

The first half tonight was much of the same.

One 2nd half against a 2nd string and suddenly everyone seems to think something has changed but sadley I dont think it has.

I'm def not a hughsey out-er but I am a hughsey sort the bloody team out quickly.

I also thought the chairman sat on his own with an empty seat with 'Gary Cook' wrote on it cut a lonely figure. That worries me more than anything else.
WTF was Cook? The chairman comes to town - the same bloke who has spent litrally millions turning the club around and the least you do is have acompany him to the match.

I say don't even give the sad fucker the satisfaction of a reply.... leave it to whallow in it's misery from this point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.