Let's Talk Pizza

I read somewhere that pizza and wine were invented in Turkey and ice cream was invented in China.
Beer was invented by monks

Probably all false

The north american continent don't make proper Italian pizza or greek pizza (the two countries it originates from)

I woyld say nietger tanks, brits, canadian of anyone else could claim their pizza is correct in the truest form

IMG_6922.jpeg

Milan. Arugula, mushrooms, onion, sausage.
Wasn’t too bad.

Thin crust, tomato base, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, onion is my US choice.

No cheese. Sorry. Can’t stomach it!

First discovered calzone by accident in a restaurant in Venice on a study tour with poly. Not looked back since, though more recently have reverted to the normal ones.
Rudy's, or Tre Ciccio in alty to eat in - or That Pizza Place in Hale Barns for takeaway.
They do 2 for 1 on a monday...

Seems like some pizza snobbery exists in the world.

I'm no connoisseur, but I know what I like -

Dominos fat crust vegetarian or Hawaiian are very tasty - albeit dead expensive.

From a supermarket, The Chicago Town stuffed crust (tomato sauce, not cheese) meat feast ones are very nice - but only bought when on offer as, again, I think they are expensive!!

Calzone for me.

Best? Weirdly in a restaurant in Cork.
Best pizza? A local owned shop in Karlstad, Sweden. A close run thing with a restaurant in a small village in Sicily.

In both cases...cooked properly with no soggy dough, few ingredients and a decent sauce. The more ingredients the more soggy they get so keep it simple. I've tried them all over the world. New York was my least favourite, soggy, horrible sauce.

Would rather make my own than get chain take away. It's no wonder Domino's pulled out of Italy.

Pizza is nature's perfect food, if I was told I could only eat one food for the rest of my life I wouldn't hesitate to choose pizza. That being said, pizza can also be controversial. Red or white? Thick or thin? Toppings or no? Is deep dish really pizza at all? Do you think Brits even know good pizza? I've had pizza recommended by you guys and it always ends up being akin to frozen pizza.

Personally I prefer thin, tomato sauce, no toppings and a drizzle of spicy oil. The best I've ever had is Roberta's in Brooklyn, the 2nd best is the pizza from the town where I grew up. It was just a local guy but he had the best sauce. Through the years I've made my own in all styles and experimented with every aspect. Higher hydration dough, different herbs in the sauce, cheese blends and even non-traditional pies like chicken bbq, shrimp pesto, bacon, fig, goat cheese and balsamic and buffalo chicken.

What is the best pizzeria in Manchester? Do you eat pizza from chains? Are there any good pizza chains? What is the best pizza you've ever had? Do you ever make your own? What is better for takeaway pizza or fish and chips?
What is your record for question marks posed in one post?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.