Let's Talk Pizza

Red or white? Red — who has white, seriously?

Thick or thin? Thin or thinnish.

Toppings or no? Fine without but like a spicy sausage and mushroom.

Is deep dish really pizza at all? It is not.

Do you think Brits even know good pizza? Probably not compared to Yanks (he said, humbly).

What is the best pizzeria in Manchester? I haven’t been to one in the many times I’ve come over — I do lots of pub grub and curries, as where I live is shit for good Indian.

Do you eat pizza from chains? Yes.

Are there any good pizza chains? Yes but they tend to be small, local ones with a few outlets.

What is the best pizza you've ever had? That’s easy — Tony’s on Stockton in San Francisco. While tourists are wandering around in fucking Fisherman’s Wharf, locals are in line for a slice. Also I had amazing expensive-r pizza in Napa and Florence but I can’t recall the restaurants.

Do you ever make your own? In fact we do all the time. I got my wife a pizza oven for Xmas (she loves to bake). She has a great dough recipe she’s tinkered with and we do make-your-own a few times a month. Here’s one from a bit ago (don’t blame me for pepperoni slices being so askew — my kid topped this one!!):

5117F21D-18D6-4071-8542-ADAC26591CEA.jpegWhat is better for takeaway pizza or fish and chips? Pizza but largely due to its transportability vs fish and chips — nothing against F & C.

Red or white? Red — who has white, seriously?

Thick or thin? Thin or thinnish.

Toppings or no? Fine without but like a spicy sausage and mushroom.

Is deep dish really pizza at all? It is not.

Do you think Brits even know good pizza? Probably not compared to Yanks (he said, humbly).

What is the best pizzeria in Manchester? I haven’t been to one in the many times I’ve come over — I do lots of pub grub and curries, as where I live is shit for good Indian.

Do you eat pizza from chains? Yes.

Are there any good pizza chains? Yes but they tend to be small, local ones with a few outlets.

What is the best pizza you've ever had? That’s easy — Tony’s on Stockton in San Francisco. While tourists are wandering around in fucking Fisherman’s Wharf, locals are in line for a slice. Also I had amazing expensive-r pizza in Napa and Florence but I can’t recall the restaurants.

Do you ever make your own? In fact we do all the time. I got my wife a pizza oven for Xmas (she loves to bake). She has a great dough recipe she’s tinkered with and we do make-your-own a few times a month. Here’s one from a bit ago (don’t blame me for pepperoni slices being so askew — my kid topped this one!!):

View attachment 89859What is better for takeaway pizza or fish and chips? Pizza but largely due to its transportability vs fish and chips — nothing against F & C.
The Little England crew will hate it but US pizza is so much better. England wins hands down with meat pies

The Little England crew will hate it but US pizza is so much better. England wins hands down with meat pies
As a technical jock I’d say Italy wins hands down with pizza, then Greece. Scotland has better pehs, a scotch pie is a thing of beauty, and when eaten in a buttered bap you are eating like Zeus would.

As a technical jock I’d say Italy wins hands down with pizza, then Greece. Scotland has better pehs, a scotch pie is a thing of beauty, and when eaten in a buttered bap you are eating like Zeus would.
No arguments here, love a Scotch pie

A friend has a great little restaurant on the east coast of Spain, his pizza's are great too

My cheat food.

Got to be quality though,none of this chain/frozen/stodge shite.

Urmston has a few exceptional establishments,Eccles and the immediate locality definitely does not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.