Liam Delap signs new contract until 2026

I feel it would be a smart move to ignore Kane and give Liam more first team chances this season, and go for Haaland or Mbappe next summer. It would give Jesus the vote of confidence as the main striker, and it is then up to him. Liam might be a marginal player but bring him in as a sub, for Carabao and FA Cup against smaller teams, let’s see what he can do.

Brilliant news. He’s one of the best young players in the country. If he gets given a chance he will be our striker in my opinion.
I’d be happy giving him a chance and the game time to develop - if we don’t get Kane

I think there is something the club really likes about him. I think he could be the next Foden in terms of making the step up and actually playing a decent amount of minutes for the first team.

Kane's arrival,coupled with his inexperience/rawness,will render his opportunities very slim at best,so rather than wasting the first year of that nice new contract......a loan to a Championship club,where he can learn his trade properly,would be far more productive.
The trouble is he isn't here yet, so we need to hold off sending him anywhere until/if Kane does sign. We can't leave ourselves short up front.

Great news on him signing a new deal though.

time to start getting more minutes, with all the hype we only got something like 130 minutes of first team football off him so far. i would just start him tomorrow, what's the worst that can happen.

aggravate his injury perhaps and be out for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.